Friday 17 May 2013

Spotlight: LA Colors Nail Polish Review and Swatches


When it comes to cheap nail polish it's either a hit or miss but with LA Colors it is definitely a hit. From a range of 72 colours, there is something for everyone and at the price of 99p urm, who can say no? Not me...


When I first spotted the LA Colors range at the back of Beauty Base, I wasn't too keen, but I picked up a couple of nail polishes (I'd probably stay away from the make up) and well, I was impressed. I am not a beauty snob, if something works I don't care how much it costs whether it's 99p or £99, I'd just prefer if it was 99p. So I was very happy with the quality of the nail polishes, so much I went back for more and more until I came up to a nice small collection of fourteen polishes. As I said, there are 72 colours to choose from and I didn't want to get a colour I had already had so I tried to go for colours that weren't already in my collection.


The regular cream polishes are actually amazing. They are opaque and perfect with just two coats and the application is great. It's not streaky or blobby at all and they dry fairly quickly. The longevity is around 3-5 days with no chipping, but be sure to use a good base coat, as with any nail polish.


LA Colors have so many glitter polishes it's hard not to grab all of them. Most of the glitters consist of small glitter particles in a clear base. The silver one you see (Sparkling Diamonds) consists of large and small glitter particles.


(2 coats each. L-R)
Sea Siren - Summertime - Palm Tree - Lightning - Hot Blooded - Mega Watt - Wired - Hint of Silver
- (Sticker came off!) - Perfect Sunset - Sparkling Diamonds - Aqua Crystals - Treasure Island - Jewel Tone

Aren't the names so precious? From the swatches you can probably find a few dupes for other high end nail polishes, for example Summertime is a great dupe for Essie's Lovie Dovie. Mega Watt is a crazy neon pink but unfortunately the camera didn't pick it up too well, but trust me, it's blinding... it's great.

You don't need to spend a lot if you want to expand your nail polish collection, sure Essie, OPI, China Glaze and Deborah Lipmann will have crazy awesome colours, but go check out a stand of LA Colors first and if you don't like the polish well at least you only spent 99p and not £14! 

Thanks for reading! If you're wondering where to find LA Colors in the UK, I've only seen them in Beauty Base at the moment.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall