Monday 30 June 2014

June 2014 Birchbox


I've been wanting to try out a beauty subscription box for a while now so I thought I'd go ahead and try out Birchbox. I was hoping to get a beauty blender which I knew was in the June box, but unfortunately I didn't get it, but I guess that's part of the game of a subscription box.



This theme for June was the World Cup and everything came in this cute pouch. Each product is from a different part of the world which I thought was a nice touch.


In my box:
- Sample size of Benefit They're Real Mascara. I've had so many samples of this mascara so I wasn't too happy about receiving this, it's not my favourtie mascara and I will never purchase it, I will however use up this sample.
- Mini OPI nail polish in the shade Where Did Suzi's Man Go? I quite like this colour so I'm happy with this.
- Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask. I love hair masks so I'm excited to give this a go.
- Caudalie Vinoperfect SPF15 Day Perfecting Fluid. I'm looking forward to giving this a go and I might take it on holiday with me.
- Naobay Body Radiance Lotion. I love body lotions and I love trying out new ones so I was pleased to see this in here, the scent is fresh and lemony. But the problem here is that it's half empty! What the heck, Birchbox?!
- Brazil Inspired Keyring. This was the lifestyle extra and I thought this was pretty cute.


Okay so overall thoughts... I am pleased with the box, a little disappointed that I didn't get the one thing I really wanted but ho hey. I'm looking forward to testing out these products, there's not one thing that I won't use (but I do wish magazines and boxes will stop with the Benefit They're Real!).

Birchbox is £10 a month plus £2.95 shipping if you pay monthly and you receive 5 luxury beauty samples.

This was my first box so I can't compare it to anything so I will stay subscribed for one more month and see what I get in July. I do think this is a great way to test out new products especially from brands you've never heard of before, I've never heard of Silk + Honey or Naobay so I'm looking forward to testing them out.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall