Saturday 18 January 2014

2013 Favourites Make Up - Face


Today I'll be covering my stand out face products from 2013. I've talked about these products on my blog before, so again, I won't go into too much detail.



For bases I have loved three, and they're all pretty different. First is the Dr Jart+ BB Cream, I actually did a review of this so click here so see that. But essentially this is moisturising, provides decent coverage and leaves the skin looking so healthy and dewy. I love the way my complexion looks when I wear this.

Next is my holy grail (I think it's safe to say that) foundation. The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, I got this at the beginning of the year but it was love at first application. This is just flawless. It leaves my skin looking so natural yet it provides a medium-full coverage. It just leaves my complexion looking healthy and 'luminous' and believe it or not 'silky' - so it basically does what it says on the tin. If you're looking for a high end foundation, then your search is over. It's pricey but worth it.

Next is my 'drugstore' option, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I love this for when I need to look alive. I think this is a pretty good colour for me (53) and it leaves me looking alive, awake and ... healthy. Full review here.
 

My favourite concealer find of the year is definitely the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - I love this for under the eyes as it's the perfect shade to counteract my dark circles (ginger). This is creamy, as the name would suggest, but it's not heavy and doesn't crease. It lasts pretty much all day and is just a great concealer.


For blushes I have quite a few. First, Benefit Dallas which is my go-to shade, it goes with every look as it's quite neutral. It's a purpley/brown which doesn't look like much in the pan but on the cheeks it's beautiful.

Next is Nars Orgasm, pretty much everyone owns and loves this blush. It's a gorgeous peachy/pinky/coral with golden shimmer - great to liven up the face and you don't need a highlighter when wearing this.

Finally my two ELF blushes which really surprised me, I wasn't expecting much but I was obsessed with these. First is the mineral blush, I have three shades but my most used was coral - the colour pay off is great, it blends in like a dream and it lasts all day. And then I have the baked blush in Passion Pink, I did a review of this here so check that out for more info.

Last years favourites that I'm still loving: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer; Dior Bronzer; Smashbox Radiance.  

Thanks for reading! Tomorrow I will have the final part up, and personally my favourite - lips!

-Kiran xo

2 comments

  1. Great products! Is the NARS a mini? If so, it's so cute!! :D


    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No it isn't actually, it's a full size. Nars packaging is just very minimal and sleek, they don't do bulky packaging :)

      Delete

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall