Friday 17 January 2014

2013 Favourites Skin and Body Care


Here's my first 2013 favourites post (I know I'm quite late and you're probably sick to death with these posts, so I'll keep it short and sweet!). Today I'll be talking about my stand out skin care and body care products.



First up for skincare is the Origins GinZing moisturiser, I really loved this stuff and as you can probably tell the tub is empty. This is a light weight moisturiser which has a gel like consistency, it does a great job of moisturising without feeling too heavy on the skin and make up sits very nicely on top of it. It also smells amazing. I'd definitely repurchase this in the warmer months.

Next is La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo which I've talked about quite a bit. I had major skin issues (and I think the culprit was the YSL Teint Touche Eclat foundation *sad face*) and this really helped clear my skin. I used it everyday, twice a day and I started to see a difference in my skin within a week. 

Finally for skincare is Origins Out Of Trouble which is an intense mask which really clears the skin. I used this twice a week when I was having skin issues and it really helped to clear my skin. I love using this when my skin is getting a bit spotty and just feeling bleugh. It is very intense though so see if you can try if it before buying a full size.


Ahh body creams, one of my favourite product of all time. First up is the Dove Purely Pampering Body Cream, I just love this stuff so much. First of all it smells really lovely, it's not too heavily scented so I think a lot of people will like it. It's quite light as it's a cream and not a butter, and it leaves the skin feeling super soft. Plus it's really affordable.

Next is Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction Body Butter - I am in love with this stuff. In love I say. This just leaves my skin feeling so incredibly soft and smooth, it's crazy. The scent is perfectly sexy and I just think this is a perfect body butter. It's quite thick so you have to work it in the skin but it is just fabulous. Yes, I used the word fabulous.

I also fell in love with L'Occitane's Rose Body Milk over the summer, it's very light so if you suffer from severe dry skin I don't recommend this. I just love the scent of this body milk and the way it leaves my skin feeling. The rose scent is just spot on, it literally smells like a garden of fresh roses. 

And finally I have the Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Hand Cream - this stuff is fudging beautiful. The scent is perfection, it literally smells  like almonds, coconuts and milk. Apart from smelling like heaven it moisturises my hands beautifully, I only use a small amount and it does a great job. No greasiness or tackiness, it's made to perfection. The packaging is pretty awesome too. 

Last year's favourites that I still love: Soap and Glory Hand Food; Heel Genius; Righteous Butter; Clean On Me.

So there's my first part, I hope it wasn't too long! Tomorrow I will have the next part up so make sure you come back for that!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall