Sunday 19 January 2014

2013 Favourites Lip and Eye Products


Hey everyone, today is the last day I post a 2013 favourites post, and I'll be covering lips and eyes.


(L-R) Turn On - Anarchy - Streak

I discovered the Rimmel Apocalips and the Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks this year (well, they were new releases) and I just love them so much. The Rimmel Apocalips are lip laquers, so a lipstick/lipgloss hybrid; they're extremely pigmented, glossy and the colour range is fantastic - my favourites are Stellar and Across The Universe. The UD lipsticks are probably among the best lipsticks I have ever used. They're so pigmented with just one swipe, they're so moisturising and light on the lips - and the colour lasts. And as with the Apocalips, there's a great shade range - my favourite from my trio is probably Anarchy as it's such a vibrant, fuschia pink.

(L-R) Chatterbox - Plumful - Ruby Woo

My favourite MAC lipsticks from 2013 are Chatterbox, Plumful and Ruby Woo. Chatterbox is a cremesheen, so it's quite moisturising and pigmented, it's a beautiful bright pink, but still wearable on an everyday basis. Plumful is lustre, so it leans a bit on the sheer side but it can be built up very easily, I just love this colour and it's one of my favourite lipsticks of all time - I truly understand the hype surrounding this now. As the name would suggest, it's a plum colour with pink undertones and looks a little different on everyone. Ruby Woo is of course a matte, and is just a gorgeous red. I don't find it overly drying and it lasts like a mofo.


For eyes I only found two real gems this year. First being the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 06 - this stuff is frigging amazing. Firstly the colour is gorgeous and can be worn alone or under shadows, but whichever you way you choose it does not budge. Eyeshadow lasts 5eva with this stuff as a base. It's easy to blend and it's super affordable.

My mascara of choice this year is Maybelline The Rocket - this does everything I look for in a mascara, lengthens, volumises and makes my lashes look jet black. It doesn't clump easily so when I want more dramatic lashes, I can layer the mascara about 3 times.

Last years favourites that I'm still loving: Revlon Balm Stains; Illamasqua Magnetism; MAC Sunny Seoul; CO Bigelow Rose Salve; Nuxe Reve de Miel; Korres Lip Butters; Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara; Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal; Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil.

So there we go, there is my complete round up of favourites. I hope you enjoyed these posts!

This year I'm hoping to add a few new things to the blog so it's not just centered on beauty, I have a few things planned so we shall see how that turns out. But don't worry, at least 80% of posts will still be beauty based!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall