Sunday 9 March 2014

February Favourites


Woah, it's been a while since I've posted! I've just been either busy or ill so I haven't had time/energy to blog. I have however wanted to get my February favourites up (even though I am way late) as I've really been enjoying these products.



First I've been relying on my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (transparent) as my skin has been kind of oily lately which is annoying. I really love this powder, it really helps your skin look matte and it sets make up very well. It never looks cakey and it is so affordable. I've literally had this in my bag the whole month and have been touching up throughout the day.


My next favourite is Nars Deep Throat which is in the One Night Stand palette, I've been reaching for this blush most days as it adds some colour to the skin and makes you look like you've made an effort, although sometimes I kind of overdo it and have to blend it out with my foundation brush. I have also been using the Devotee highlighter a lot too, it adds a beautiful glow to the skin. It isn't the most subtle highlighter but it's not in your face either.


I think I've found the perfect eye makeup remover thanks to my friend, the Nivea Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover has taking off my waterproof eyeliner and mascara so much easier. I'll have a full review of this up soon so more info then!
I have also been loving the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter, I wasn't sure if I would like this as I've never used anything like it before but I've really been enjoying using this. I massage it onto my dry skin and it breaks up all my face make up, it hasn't broken me out and the camomile scent is very relaxing. And as this is a butter, you could imagine it's quite moisturising too which is lovely.


I have been enjoying the Maybelline Brow Drama Brow Mascara, this doesn't give off a lot of colour but it sets my brows without leaving them feeling/looking crispy.
I've gotten back into using my YSL Touche Eclat, I haven't been sleeping properly so I've been having horrible dark circles, I use my Nars concealer to cover them up and this on top and I find this helps to brighten up the under eye area without being too heavy.
Speaking of concealer, I've stopped using my ring finger to blend it in and have started using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. I love this for concealer! It blends it in so, so well, I don't know why I didn't use this before.




For my lips, I've been using Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Streak a lot this month, it's such a pretty peachy pink and it's so easy to wear. I love the formula of these lipsticks, they're pigmented, long lasting and moisturising. Love.

I just wanted to quickly mention the Nails Inc Caviar Top Coat, I usually never bothered with top coats but this has changed my mind about them - this makes my manicure last so much longer, it's fast drying and it adds a really lovely shine.

TV
Girls
The Mindy Project
The Vampire Diaries

Movie
12 Years A Slave - 4/5

Music
Bastille - EVERYTHING THIS WONDERFUL MAN HAS EVER RELEASED.

Woo, and we're done! Hope you're having a happy March so far!

-Kiran xo

3 comments

  1. I have been considering buying Touche Eclat. Is it really worth its price? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really lovely product, but I would recommend trying out the L'Oreal or Maybelline versions first as this is really pricey and those are supposedly good dupes. I do think the price is pretty steep for this though xo

      Delete

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall