Monday 7 April 2014

Bright Pink Lips


Oh I do love a good bright pink lip, so today I'm going to show you the few that I have in my collection. (Plug in, I did an orange lips edit last Summer, and seeing as orange is a big colour for this Spring/Summer then why don;t you go check that out ;) ). Okay, onto the pinks.



(L-R) Sweetheart - Sorbet - Schiap - L'exuberante - All About Me - Impassioned 

Stain
It's no secret that I love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, and when I saw the shade Sweetheart, I knew I had to have it. As this is a stain, the colour will last hours on end, this is great when I want a bright pink lip without too much maintenance. However this shade is unavailable in the UK (sigh), but I picked it up from eBay.

Sheer
Speaking of low maintenance, the Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet is perfect for when I need to just quickly swipe on a colour and go. This looks super pretty on the lips ... it kind of makes your lips look juicy.

Semi-Matte
I lusted after Nars Schiap for the longest time and finally bit the bullet and just bought it and I don't regret it whatsoever. This colour is just perfect, it's blue-toned, barbie pink and the formula is pretty spot on too. It's semi-matte so isn't drying, it glides on beautifully and lasts ages. And I love how small and cute the packaging is.

Another option for semi-matte and £10 cheaper is Topshop's lipstick in All About Me, this colour is so vibrant and loud. It's darker than Schiap, it's a true hot pink. I was impressed with the formula of this, it glided on the lips very nicely and lasted a very decent amount of time.

Matte
My one and only Chanel lipstick comes to play here, the Rouge Allure Velvet in 37 L'exuberante is a beautiful bright pink, which as the name suggests, feels like velvet on the lips. It doesn't dry out the lips whatsoever and is so creamy, but the problem with it being so creamy is it doesn't last very long on the lips, I usually get about an hour to an hour and a half's wear before I have to reapply. But I don't mind reapplying this as the packaging is so luxurious and beautiful.

Intense
Of course all the other products I've mentioned are pretty intense, we are talking bright pink here, but nothing - in my books - is as intense as MAC Impassioned. Impassioned is one of my favourite lipsticks, it is just so out there and bold. It's a hot pink with a hint of coral and it is just stunning. This is an amplified finish so it is super pigmented and creamy, and it lasts a good few hours before you need to touch up.

Now do you understand why it takes me so long to choose my lip colour for the day? They're all just so pretty, sigh.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall