Saturday 17 November 2012

Short Trip Essentials

Oh dear, it's been a week since my last post - but it's not my fault! It was Diwali (an Indian holiday) on Tuesday so my mum and I went up to Yorkshire to celebrate and spend time with my grandparents. Unfortunately there was no Internet there and I was unable to blog or do anything really. But I thought I'd just show you what beauty bits I took with me. I tend to over pack - for everything, even my everyday handbag is super heavy - but everything in there is super necessary, I swear!


A few candles my mum and I lit at midnight in our flat (we spread them out around the flat and it looked super pretty)


Okay so here are the products, and yes I over packed (as usual) - I only went away for a few days and I left the house once.



First up we have lip products - I love lip products, they are my favourite. As I said, I only went out once so I didn't make much use of all the products here but I got a good use out of the Korres Lip Butter which I had got the morning I had left for Yorkshire so of course I was excited to use it. It is so buttery and it lasts for ages on my lips, leaving them so smooth and soft, I definitely recommend this product to anyone as it's just a wonderful lip balm, you can't go wrong. I used the Blistex every night, of course. I wore the Sunny Seoul when I went to Town and unfortunately neglected the other products.


I like this mascara, it lengthens my barely-there-eye lashes and really darkens them, I don't know if I will repurchase this as I am one to try out ALL the mascaras, but is good and it's super cheap. The elf Makeup Remover Pen is a wonderful product, I actually love it so much - it gets rid of all the mascara that ends up on my eyelids instead of my lashes, whoops, it's just so easy to use and it's great for when I'm in a rush. YSL's Touche Eclat is one of my favourite products ever, yup, it's one that's worth the hype - it really does brighten my under eyes and face, a bit pricey but hey, it's YSL!


I'm a blush girl so I had to bring at least two of my blushes, the first one is a lovely peachy blush from Body Shop (I couldn't find a link to it so I'm not sure if they're discontinued?) and of course I had to take my Smashbox blush in Radiance, it's just such a pretty pink. The brush I use is from Topshop, I've had it for a while - it's not great, but I was in desperate need of a blush brush, saw this and just bought it. I haven't bought a  new one since I got this because it's still in tact and doing the job, but there are much better brushes out there.



To moisturise after a shower I just threw in one of my Bath and Body Works creams, they're easier to carry than tubs so they're convenient to travel with. I like the B&BW's creams, they're really moisturising but they are heavily scented which can sometimes be overwhelming. Of course, I couldn't leave the house without Soap and Glory's Hand Food - my favourite hand cream ever!


For perfumes, I took my ultimate favourite perfume which is Red Jeans by Versace - it is my signature scent. I also took one of my Thierry Mugler perfumes, the lucky one was Angel which is a beautiful, musky scent as all Thierry Mugler perfumes are, but this one is more wearable for the day time.

Well, that was a bit of a long post - I didn't even mention my hair care stuff and skin care products! Well, anyway, I do think it is time for me to stop rambling on, thank you for reading! I hope you all had a lovely week and have a lovely weekend!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall