Thursday 22 November 2012

Review: Moroccan Oil



I finally got my hands on the famous Moroccan Oil and was eager to test it out the minute I got it. Moroccan Oil is essentially a blend of Argan oil - which is often referred to as 'liquid gold' as it's hair's best friend. It hydrates hair in a natural way as its rich in vitamins and natural antioxidants that strengthen the hair (I wish Argan oil was something we learnt in GCSE Science, but moving on.) Moroccan Oil essentially helps to revive your hair, it strengthens, nourishes, conditions and it also reduces the time it takes for your hair to dry (really, it does).

I have medium-long thick, curly hair so naturally my hair tends to be more dry as it is curly. Since I can remember my mum always used to apply baby oil into my hair after a shower, and I kept doing this until I got Moroccan Oil. I used to apply a small amount of baby oil into my hair when I had brushed it after a shower, so when it was damp. But, Moroccan Oil has now taken its place - I apply two pumps into the palm of my hand, then run it through my hair, focusing mainly on the ends then I quickly massage it into the roots of my hair.

Moroccan Oil is not greasy at all - given that you're using the right amount.

After the first use, I noticed a huge difference in my hair. It looked shinier, healthier, it was softer and more conditioned. Suffice to say, I was and am impressed. I've read some other reviews on this product, where people state they are unhappy about the silicones in this product, however, I don't actually have a problem with this. Moroccan Oil has made my hair softer and more nourished - but I will do a follow up review on this in a month or two months time to see if it's still doing the job. But for now, me gusta.

If you're interested but still unsure, you can always grab a small bottle to test it out.

Thanks for reading, hope you're doing well!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall