Tuesday 4 December 2012

Life of Pi Premiere!


Zara Dress - Topshop Clutch - Office Shoes - Apricot Jacket

So today I got to go to the premiere of Life of Pi at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square! It was such an amazing experience, I got to dress up (think I was a little over dressed for just a guest, but oh well ;) ) and I got to walk the red, whoops, no blue carpet! It was amazing! Some of you may know, I want to be an actress, so walking the carpet, seeing the photographers, TV crew, presenters and actors (and director!) was just so incredible for me. It was like a slice of what my life could be like and I loved it. I felt so amazing walking down the carpet, a lot of people probably thought nothing of it really (my mum, who I took as my plus one, said she felt pretty 'normal') but for me it meant a lot.

I got to see the director and main actor, Suraj Sharma and a few celebrities (including my ultimate favourite actor, Tom Hiddleston (sorry John Depp, dear, I still do love you a lot) - it was just all so incredible. The Empire is a lovely cinema, I've been before but the auditorium for the premiere was something else! It was absolutely huge! I walked in and just had to take it in before I went to my seat.

Now, the movie, oh gosh the movie was just stunning. I have yet to read the book, but I'm still going through The Song of Ice and Fire series, but after seeing the movie, the book is on top of my reading list. For an actor who hasn't done anything professional before, Suraj Sharma did an absolutely amazing job. Ang Lee captured each scene perfectly and there were some scenes where I as just in awe by the beauty. I loved the movie and would like to go watch it again in the cinema as it was just so beautiful. Maybe it was the whole experience of being at the premiere that made me love the movie so much (or maybe it was due to the fact that I was breathing the same air as Mr Hiddleston) but the movie is a must watch.

I had such an incredible night, it was definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life. My first red (blue) carpet experience. And I got to sit in the same room as Tom Hiddleston. Ahem.

Keep an eye out for my next post where I will go through my make up for the night!

-Kiran xo


No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall