Thursday 30 May 2013

May Favourites


It's time for May favourites! I actually think this month has gone by pretty slowly, which is great as exams start on Monday! Ahhh! Anyway, these are the products I've been loving and using a lot this past month.


First product is the Charles Worthington Balancing Act Dry Shampoo; I am not too fussy with dry shampoo, I'll just use whatever, but this one I really do like. It smells so lovely, like you've just had your hair done at the salon and the scent lasts as well! It freshens up the hair fairly well and it doesn't leave a white residue once you've rubbed it in a bit. It also adds a bit of extra volume to the hair. I've been trying out the shampoo and conditioner too, but more on that later.

Another body butter this month, and this month it's the Nip + Fab Mango Smoothie Body Butter. Oh my god, I love this stuff. First of all it smells insanely yummy, smells like a yoghurt I could just eat up... This body butter is whipped but it doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or sticky at all, it melts into the skin so well and leaves the skin feeling super moisturised.

Topshop nail polish in Air Kisses has been on my nails for most of the month as I've had no time to paint them due to revision. However I haven't felt the need to re-do my nails anyway as the colour is absolutely gorgeous and the polish has hardly chipped (I've had it on for a week).

The C.O Bigelow Rose Salve has been my best friend this month. I've already done a review for this product so click here to find out why it's been my best friend.

(L-R) ELF Lipstick Party Pink - MAC Chatterbox - ELF Mineral Blush Peachy

I have been loving the ELF Mineral Blush in Peachy, it is absolutely gorgeous. I've expressed my love for these blushes before, they're so pigmented and blend so wonderfully onto the cheeks, they also last for hours. Peachy is obviously a peachy shade but with subtle gold shimmer running through it which just uplifts the complexion and makes you look a little bit more glowy.

MAC Chatterbox has been a lipstick I've been wearing a lot this month. It's an amplified finish so it's really pigmented and creamy. Chatterbox is a beautiful pink colour which I find easy to wear during the day, it's a gorgeous, girly colour.

I have also been wearing ELF Mineral Lipstick in Party Pink a lot too, it's just such an easy colour to wear. I really like the formula of the ELF mineral lipsticks, they glide on the lips so easily and are very creamy.

I really love my Inglot Palette, the colours I've chosen allow me to use this palette a lot as the colours are very wearable and perfect for the day time. The shadows are very pigmented and blend so well. I'll definitely make another trip to Inglot and put together another palette. (Click here to see the colour shades.)

The last beauty product (phew!) is the Nip + Fab Dark Circle Fix Eye Cream; I haven't been sleeping too well this past month for various reasons and I should have panda eyes by now, but I don't... I have slight bags but my dark circles are at bay and I think I have this little thing to thank. This is my first eye cream so I can't compare it to anything else, but I really enjoy using this, it doesn't aggravate my eye area and I feel my under eyes are more moisturised as my concealer blends in much better.

Music
Demi - Demi Lovato
Night Visions - Imagine Dragons
Crimson Wing Soundtrack - The Cinematic Orchestra and London Met Orchestra

Movies
Iron Man 3 3.5/5
Star Trek 5/5
The Great Gatsby 3.5/5

TV
Girls (forgot to mention this last month!)
Game of Thrones (been catching up!)

Hope you all had a lovely May, and to anyone going through exams right now, good luck!

-Kiran xo

2 comments

  1. What a great selection here! How does the nip and fab mango smoothie compare to body shops mango body butter? Now following via Bloglovin :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually tried the Body Shop Mango one, but I've tried other Body Shop body butters and they're both really moisturising, but I find the thicker ones from Body Shop are much more moisturising than the whipped ones :) and thank you so much! x

      Delete

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall