Wednesday 5 June 2013

Products I've Used Up #3


It actually hasn't been that long since my last products I've used up post, but loads of things just started to finish at around the same time, so here are my thoughts on all the products that I've used up in the past few weeks.


Nivea Pearl & Beauty Deodorant - I didn't know if I should include this or not but I eh, why not? This is actually my favourite deodorant, it smells so sweet and lovely and just keeps you feeling lovely and fresh for most of the day. I wouldn't say it lasts for 48 hours by any means (not that I've tried) but I'd say it lasts for about 6 hours.
Repurchase? Yep! I already have.
Recommend? If you like fresh, sweet scented deodorants then definitely, if you prefer more subtle deodorant scents then I'd stay away from this.

Moroccan Oil - I was so upset when this finished, I really was. But this 100ml bottle lasted me for over six months which I think is great so it's definitely worth the money. This oil made such a huge difference to my hair when I used it; it made it soft, smooth, bouncy and it looked great. But now that I've stopped using it my hair has not been the same, I definitely think it's become reliant on this oil which isn't great. Although I love this oil, it has not had great long-lasting effects on my hair.
Repurchase? Yes if I don't find another oil which can provide the same if not better results.
Recommend? I do recommend this, it is a great product, it works really well with curly hair. But be careful of not becoming too reliant on it.

Nivea Creme - I also finished a tub in my last products I've used up post, so click here to see my thoughts. I only use this at night now, as we are coming into the warmer months (finally), I feel a light moisturiser in the mornings work well.
Repurchase? Yes, I already have.
Recommend? Yes.

Bath and Body Works Carried Away Body Lotion - Wow, this stuff is so moisturising. The lotion has a very thick consistency, but it does not leave the skin feeling greasy or sticky. It is super moisturising and the scent of this particular one is so lovely and fresh and the scent lasts for aaageeesss. I moisturise every single day after a shower, it's one of my favourite things to do, so I'm quite picky when it comes to my body moisturisers, but the Bath and Body Works' lotions check all the boxes.
Repurchase? Yes, the next time I visit the states I will definitely pick up some more.
Recommend? Definitely. Very moisturising and I believe they are always on offer!

Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask - I love this stuff so much, I even did a review on it. So click here to find out more about my thoughts on this mask. You have to use this mask within a month as it is fresh, but I did use it a week after the 'use by' date and did feel it wasn't as fresh as when I first purchased it.
Repurchase? Yes!
Recommend? Yes, especially for younger skin which may be oily and prone to blemishes

Garnier Nourishing Hand Cream - I used this hand cream every single night before bed, and I did like it. It wasn't the most moisturising, it's not very thick, so it's quite light but it does leave the hands feeling moisturised and smooth. The scent was light and lovely but it's not my favourite hand cream, it doesn't compare to my beloved Hand Food of which I have an obsession with.
Repurchase? Probably not.
Recommend? If you don't have major problems with dry hands and just need something light and moisturising then yes.

Revlon Lip Butter Cotton Candy - Technically this wasn't completely finished but I only had a tiny amount left but it had melted and I just didn't want to use it! But, I did finish most of it which is a rare thing for me to do, you know, actually finish a lip product. You all know about how lovely the Revlon lip butters are, they're sheer, slightly moisturising, come in a range of gorgeous colours... This shade is a baby pink with a hint of shimmer running through it, I wore this a lot on no fuss days and I really liked it. I probably wouldn't buy this shade again as I do prefer solid colours as opposed to glittery/shimmery colours on my lips.
Repurchase? Yes but in different shades.
Recommend? Most definitely!

Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara - This little tube lasted me for so long! Longer than 'use by' date I think, but eh, my eyes are still in tact. This mascara worked wonders on my tiny, barely there lashes. I love it and that is a rare thing for me to say about a mascara. The brush is quite small but it means I can get to my inner corner with ease and do my bottom lashes without getting it everywhere, it's easy to control. This lasted so well on my lashes, it kept the curl and didn't smudge or flake. It lengthened and volumised, which is what I look for in a mascara. This is definitely a great product, well done, Maybelline.
Repurcase? Yup! I already have.
Recommend? Yes!

I also finished a bottle of Soap and Glory's Clean On Me Shower Cream but my mother threw away the bottle before I could snap it, sigh. But I thought I'd mention it quickly anyway as I really do love this product. It's a big ole' tube, 500ml I believe, and it lasted me over 7 months. I did not use this exclusively, but if I did, I would say it would have lasted about 5-6 months. You don't need a lot for it to lather up and it so moisturising, absolutely lovely. It has the classic Soap and Glory scent, ya know, the one that smells like Miss Dior.
Repurchase? Yes, but at the moment I am using Clean Girls which is just as lovely but I prefer the Clean On Me scent.
Recommend? Definitely!

I hope you enjoyed this post, I really like watching and reading 'empties' videos/posts as you get to see what people used up and really liked.

Hope you're having a lovely day, I will be spending this gorgeous sunny day with my bunny inside whilst revising for Law, oh joy.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall