Monday 8 April 2013

Live Below The Line



From 29th April - 3rd May I'll be living below the line. I'll be living on £1 for five days to gain an insight and to experience what it's like to live below the poverty line. The World Bank defines extreme poverty as living on less than £1 per day.

We all take what we have for granted, sure I stop to appreciate what I have, but I know I don't do it enough. I am hoping doing this will truly open my eyes to the difficulties that people involuntarily face on a day to day basis.

World hunger is something that should not be an issue in this day and age, it is absolutely unnecessary. There is more than enough food for everyone on this planet and it is unfair that there is a large section of the population that is denied the basic human right to enough food.

So, I'll be taking the challenge, I'll be documenting it all on my profile here. If you wish to find out more about this cause then click here and if you'd like to donate, I'd be highly grateful. I am doing this through UNICEF, so all money will go to them and they will use the money to support people who are living in extreme poverty.

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you're having a lovely day.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall