Tuesday 9 April 2013

Spring Perfume Picks


It's finally starting to get a little warmer which means we just be getting a Spring this year, how exciting! I, being the hopeful being that I am, have picked out my Spring perfumes, some I've had for years, some are all-time favourites and some are newbies to the collection.




First up we have one of my ultimate favourite perfumes, Versace Versus Red Jeans, I've mentioned this perfume before as it is my staple perfume. This is what I pretty much wear everyday, it's my go-to perfume. This is light, fruity and floral (yes all at once!) and has a hint of jasmine, sandalwood, lily and vanilla. It sits on the skin so well and is just so gorgeous! Go sniff it if you haven't and you'll see why it's my favourite.

Next is another favourite and this is picked from my Thierry Mugler collection, gosh I love his perfumes, this is Angel by Thierry Mugler. It's the lightest from the three that I have (Alien and Womanity) but is still musky and sensual. I'm just going to go ahead and provide Boots' description for this 'An Oriental Gourmand composed of three sensual waves that melt into one captivating harmony: the CELESTIAL WAVE with the soft notes of bergamot, the DELICIOUS WAVE with its delicately sweet notes of red fruits and praline and the SENSUAL WAVE with its unique blend of patchouli, vanilla, cedar wood and white musk.' How could I beat that description?!

Michael Kors Very Hollywood is a perfume I had been lusting after for ages, and then it was lovingly gifted to me for Christmas, I was very excited. First of all let's just adore the bottle, so chic and gorgeous! Now onto the scent, it's very floral and fruity, so essentially perfect for Spring. It has notes of mandarin, iced bergamot, wet jasmine, ylang-ylang, raspberry, gardenia, orris, creamy amber, soft white moss and vetiver. So there's a lot packed in! But I hear it's being discontinued which is so sad! ¿Por qué?

Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret  was one of my first expensive perfume buys, ah yes, I remember I bought this beauty on the ferry to Paris...so it holds a special place in my heart. This perfume is so sweet and lovely, its notes include cranberry, Italian winter lemon, jasmine, white musk,  white peony and patchouli. It's sweet yet musky which I love, so it's perfect for day time or night time wear. 

Now, the prize for cutest bottle ever goes to Marc Jacobs Daisy! Aww, look at it! So cute and Spring-like. This perfume is very floral, fresh and yet warm. Again let's say what Boots have to say... 'At the heart of Daisy is a floral with vintage edge: Violet. Sophisticated with a touch of whimsy, Violet captures the eclectic, vintage flavour of Marc Jacobs' feminine, edgy designs.' Couldn't have said it better myself.

Gucci Envy Me is one of my favourite perfumes, again one of my first expensive perfume buys, I believe I bought my first bottle when I was 12... I hardly touched it though as it was so expensive and I just adored looking at the bottle and knowing it was mine. Again this is floral and fruity, so very sweet and girly. Its notes include lychee, peony, pink musk and sandalwood. I think this has been discontinued as well which makes me so sad as this also has a special place in my heart, so I'll be sure to use this sparingly (even more so than I already am!)

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let's just all pray for the sun to decide we can finally have a Spring.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall