Thursday 31 October 2013

October Favourites


Hey everyone! So it's officially Winter (and my heating isn't working in my room here at uni, great) and it's the end of yet another month, so bye bye October and hello November. As always, here are the products that I've been loving this month.


First up is a perfume, Alien by Thierry Mugler. This is my go-to going out perfume; it's musky, sexy and rich. Its notes include sambac jasmine, cashmere wood and white amber. It lasts quite a long time on the skin and lingers around for hours. I particularly love this scent in the colder months.

This is my star product this month, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. Oh my glub, this foundation is incredible. I know I'm late jumping onto the bandwagon with this one but it's better late than never. I will be doing a full review of this soon so again I won't go into too much detail about it. I have the shade light beige 53 which is the perfect shade for me right now, it's light weight, gives a lovely coverage and smells pretty good too. Stay tuned for the review!



Next is Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy, I have a full review of this here so I won't go too much into it. However I've been wearing this quite a lot this month, I just dab it on to create a stain and it lasts so long. I just love the formula of this lipstick and I definitely want to add some more colours to my collection.

Another lipstick love this month and this one is MAC Ruby Woo. I bought this earlier this month while I was in the Westfield MAC store (they've moved and the new store is so much better!). I've worn this on the few occasions I've gone out this month and I just love the way it completes the look. It's a true red with blue undertones (so it helps make your teeth appear whiter), it's matte thus lasts a crazy long time on the lips and it just looks good. It's a beautiful lipstick and I'm usually not one for red lips, but this gets a huge thumbs up for me. I apply this with the Real Techniques Detailer Brush and use Astor lip liner in 016 (doing this, I find helps make the lipstick stay around for even longer).

Anarchy - Ruby Woo 

As it's been getting colder, my hair has been feeling the wrath and so has been looking a bit dry, so Macadamia Leave-In Cream comes to the rescue. I've spoken about this before; I basically put a small amount into my (dry) hair and really concentrate on the ends and the body of my hair. It leaves my hair looking and feeling so soft and shiny, it literally transforms the way my hair looks. It's an incredible product, definitely holy grail status. 

Finally Blistex, at the beginning of my month my top lip was so disgustingly dry and nothing was helping (even Nuxe Reve De Miel!) but this little guy sorted it out within three days. I'll have to buy another tube if I want my lips to survive this winter. 

TV
Breaking Bad 

Music
Prism (Album) - Katy Perry. I particularly love Dark Horse, that's mah jam.

Movie
Thor The Dark World. 3.5/5 

Sorry for not posting as much, uni life is proving to be quite busy! And sorry for the quality, or lack of, in these photos, still having a bit of technical issues with my camera, but hopefully I'll have that sorted out in the next couple of weeks. Also, my blog turned 1 year old on the 24th of October! I've enjoyed blogging so much over the past year, it's such so much fun. So thank you for reading, following and commenting. It means a lot! ♥

-Kiran xo

3 comments

  1. Yeeey you posted ♥ Missed you by these 2 weeks :(
    By the way I'm so in love with Prism ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, I didn't think anyone would miss me haha! And yes, Prism is perfect! xo

      Delete
    2. I missed you :( already love your blog xx

      Delete

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall