Tuesday 15 October 2013

Review: Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer


Hey everyone! So today I thought I'd share my views on one of my favourite products from Benefit - the That Gal Brightening Face Primer.



That Gal is essentially a pink cream which you apply after moisturising and before foundation. It has a slight scent to it, as most Benefit products do, which I personally love. This primer isn't advertised to make your make up stay longer, it's advertised to brighten your complexion as it has light reflecting pigments.


I love the packaging of That Gal, I think it's pretty cute and is very easy to use. You just twist the bottom of the tube and the product comes out at the top. It comes with a clear cap which goes underneath the actual cap - I do suggest keeping this and things could get a little messy, aka a little bit of product sometimes pops up.

I first got this product in 2010 when I got my make up done by Benefit for prom, I loved the way this felt on my skin and the way it made it look. I had the same tube for almost three years as I didn't wear it everyday as I wasn't a huge make up wearer, but when my skin looked tired and lackluster I put a bit of this on and my complexion was instantly brighter. I decided to repurchase this as I just love the way my skin looked when I wore it. If you're having a good skin day, just put a bit of this on and your skin will look even better. It evens out the skin tone and makes the skin look brighter and glow. If you're going to apply this under foundation, I recommend using a light coverage foundation as then the brightening pigments can still work their magic. It doesn't make the foundation stay any longer than it normally would so if you're looking for a primer that does that, then this probably isn't the one for you.

This tube will last you a long time as you don't need a lot of product. I think the price is reasonable, but I do know some people think otherwise. However, it's a lovely product and is worth checking out next time you're at a Benefit counter.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall