Saturday 6 July 2013

Summer Handbag Essentials


Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates recently, I just haven't been in a blogging mood and I didn't want to post something for the sake of it. I also haven't put up a June Favourites and that's because I really don't have any new favourites this month. Anyway, the sun is shining today in London and I can finally scream out loud 'IT'S SUMMER!' so I thought today I would share my Summer handbag essentials.



FACE
Firstly I have the elf Makeup Mist & Set, this is basically just a spray which you spritz onto your face to set your make up so it doesn't budge. I'm too fond of this scent but I'm also not too fond of spending a lot of money on facial water sprays so this one does me just fine. This is great to carry around to refresh your face and to keep your make up from going anywhere during the day.
Next is the MUFE Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream - sounds fancy and high-tech but it's just a concealer. This is actually an amazing concealer, it's super high coverage and creamy but it doesn't ever get cakey. It's also waterproof so it's great for hot summer days.


LIPS
Firstly let's not forget to protect our lips from the sun, the Cherry Carmex in the tube has SPF 15 and is a great base for lipsticks or just on its own.
For Summer I tend to stick to sheer lip products, just something fuss free so I have the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfecter in 01 Rose Shimmer, it's just a lovely lip gloss which isn't sticky and very light.
I also have Revlon's Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya which I have been loving so much recently. It's a very light sheer lipstick, it provides a bit of moisture and a lovely orangey/coral tint to the lips.


FRAGRANCE/HYGIENE
Okay, we gotta keep fresh and smelling great, right? Right. So just to keep your under arms fresh and non-offensive to others around us, I think it's a good idea to carry around a deodorant. I don't have any minis, but I so suggest carrying a mini rather than a full size. I don't have problems with perspiration but ya know, just in case. My favourite deodorant is the Nivea Pearl & Beauty.
Here I have the DKNY Women perfume in 30ml which is just a great size to carry around in my bag. I love this scent for the summer as it's very fresh and slightly citrusy. It's a lovely refreshing scent.


ACCESSORIES 
My favourite part about Summer? Wearing my love, my Ray Ban Wayfarers. I believe these are the 54mm which I think suit most face shapes much better than the smaller sizes.

Of course I don't need to remind you to carry water and anti-bacterial gel (my biggest handbag essential!) and sunscreen for the rest of your body and face.

I hope you all have a lovely day, it's almost 30C today, and I'll be heading to the pub later with some friends to enjoy the evening sunshine!

-Kiran xo

2 comments

  1. Great summer essentials! I never noticed nivea having a spray deodorant, maybe it's not sold in Canada :P
    beautytubes.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall