Wednesday 26 June 2013

Orange Lips


I'm currently loving the look of orange lips so I thought I'd get together a few of my orange lip picks all of which I will be wearing a lot this Summer.


(L-R)
Juicy Papaya - Rendezvous - Morange - Mistress

SHEER
For my sheer pick how could I not go for a Revlon Lip Butter? This shade is Juicy Papaya which is one of the new shades. I love this colour, it's fuss-free and is just very easy to wear. It provides a slight tint of orange/coral and as it's a lip butter it moisturises the lips a little.

STAIN
For a stain, again I have turned to trusty Revlon with their Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous. I actually won this shade from one of their Facebook competitions (yep, people actually win those things) and I am so glad I did as I probably wouldn't have picked up this shade for myself. This is a gorgeous orange colour and you can apply it as light as you want for a slight hint of colour or you can build it up to have more of an intense orange, either way your lips will be stained with this lovely colour.

INTENSE
When I think intense orange I think MAC Morange, the most orangest orange lipstick I have ever seen and it is beautiful. This is an amplified finish so it is highly pigmented and will last quite a while on the lips. This is such a fun colour to wear, and is definitely one to pick for a night out. But this can be worn during the day too if you're feeling daring, I do remember wearing this on a trip to Ikea, oh yes, how fancy. But just to tone it down you can just slightly dab it on and rub it in with your finger, thus creating more of a stain.

GLOSS
For lip gloss, I have Illamasqua's Mistress which is one of their intense lip glosses and yes, this is quite intense. I really like this lip gloss as it isn't sticky but it still lasts a decent amount of time on the lips. This is a great colour to wear on its own as it's so pigmented and intense or you could dab a bit on while wearing Morange.

An orange lip is so lovely as it's different from the conventional pink or red, it's fun and quite daring but it can be easily done. Just start with baby steps if you have to!

Hope you're having a lovely day.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall