Tuesday 23 July 2013

Summer Nail Polish Picks


I thought I would go ahead and do a Summer nail polish pick as I did one for Spring. We've been having what we Britons like to call a heatwave here in the UK, well, it has been hot, and hardly anyone in the UK has AC as we're just not used to this kind of weather! Anyway, here are my picks!




First up, Chanel Peridot - let's just take a moment to appreciate this beauty in a bottle - okay so this was a part of the Chanel Fall Collection 2011 and I just love it so much (and not just because Peridot is my birthstone ;) ). It's essentially a greeny gold which looks different in different lighting. I love wearing this in the Summer because when the sun hits it it looks like a completely different colour. It is expensive but if you don't want to splurge on Chanel (which I totally understand as Chanel nail polishes are known not to last too well on the nail) then Just Spotted The Lizard from OPI's Spiderman Collection is a close dupe.


Essie Camera is such a gorgeous, bright reddy coral - it is perfect for Summer. Essie Off The Shoulder is your essential Barbie, creamy pink - very cute and Summery.


Barry M are notorious for their affordable, great quality, bright colours so of course they're my dominant choice. First up is Cyan Blue which is the most gorgeous deep, ocean blue shade (it looks a little lighter in the photo). Next is Coral which is just a gorgeous orangey coral. The next scary looking one is Acid Yellow which is a greeny yellow, it's a good pick for the daring ones. Pink Flamingo is one of my absolute favourites, it's a bright coral pink, it looks stunning on the nails. I've included Matt White as white is a big colour this season - plus if you put any of these colours on top of a coat of white, the colour will look so much brighter and vibrant. Finally I have one of Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine in Greenberry which I absolutely love, it's such a beautiful colour and as it's a gelly formula it's a bit shiner than the original Barry M nail polishes.


From LA Colours I have Lightning which is a bright, neon pink (which of course is not captured well in the photo) and Palm Tree which is the most gorgeous green, with the most awesome name.


Finally, the newest edition to my nail polish collection; Revlon Minted, which is a lovely, soft minty green.

2 coats each. (L-R in order as mentioned above).
I hope you enjoyed this post and are having a lovely summer!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall