Thursday 4 September 2014

August Favourites


Ahh, goodbye August, you've been great yet again. It's time to wrap up my favourites from the month but I don't have have a lot of beauty favourites again as I haven't really purchased anything new this month (note the lack of hauls, sad times). But I do have a few good things to talk about, so let's get started.

First is the L'Oreal True Match foundation which has been my go to foundation as it matches my tanned skin perfectly. This is a very good dupe of my beloved Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk but for a fraction of the price. I just did a review of this foundation so I won't repeat myself too much, just know this provides a medium coverage, semi-matte and leaves the skin looking slightly glowy.


I've been getting into highlighting this past month and it's all because of Topshop Glow in Polish. This is a cream highlighter and it just looks stunning on the skin, I apply this to my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow. It just adds a beautiful glow to the skin and this colour is perfect for my skin tone as it's a light champagne shade, it just compliments the undertones in my skin very well.


I have two body moisturiser favourites this month, you all know how much I love moisturisers. First is L'Occitane Rose Body Milk which was a favourite last summer too. This is a light, milky moisturiser and it literally smells like a fresh rose garden. Mmmm. This provides the right amount of moisturisation and hydration to the skin during the warmer months as it's very light and quite cooling.

Next is the Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Souffle Body Creme, I got this back in January and have just started to use it, does anyone else do that? Get something fancy and refuse to use unless it's a special occasion? ... I should really stop doing that. But this is just the most luxurious body moisturiser ever. It leaves the skin feeling so darn soft and smooth and the smell? Don't even get me started. I think this scent is my favourite scent ever.


Book
Stoner, see review here.

Movies
Dear Zachary - 4/5 (have tissues ready)
Guardians of the Galaxy  - 4/5

TV
30 Rock
Orange is the New Black
Bob's Burgers

Music
Chains - Nick Jonas
Take Shelter - Years and Years

Life
My birthday!
Secret Cinema presents Back to the Future!
Olafur Arnalds at The Roundhouse.
The Crucible at The Old Vic.
A special wedding.

So I had a super busy month, it was incredibly fun and it rounded up my Summer very nicely. I hope you all enjoy the last few weeks of Summer!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall