Wednesday 3 September 2014

Review // L'Oreal True Match Foundation


It's no secret that I love Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, but let's be honest, it's pretty pricey. Now I wasn't too interested in trying out the supposedly dupe which is L'Oreal True Match foundation until I needed a colour to match my tanned skin. So off I headed to Boots and popped True Match into my basket (after spending 15 minutes holding bottles up to my face and covering my entire hand with swatches...)


Now, Giorgio Armani is owned by L'Oreal so I had high hopes for this foundation. First application, I was not impressed, it settled into my pores and smile lines and it didn't match - boo. But fast forward a few weeks where I had tanned and then lost a bit of my tan (ergo I was slightly tanned) I decided to give it another go. This time I was impressed.

Unlike GA, this formula is slightly more runny, so I pumped out a bit less and found the foundation blended into the skin much more flawlessly. Speaking of blending, I blended a whole lot more than usual (a habit I'm getting into with all foundations) and I found this helped with the overall look.

Now is it a dupe? Pretty much. It looks the same on the skin - semi-matte with a lovely glow. The coverage is identical, a solid medium. It lasts as long on the skin without fading or becoming blotchy and I don't feel like I need to powder as with GA.

The packaging of course isn't as flawless as GA but it is pretty aesthetically pleasing as far as drugstore packaging goes; glass bottle, plastic lid and a silver pump, all of which seem pretty sturdy to me.

So, overall, yes I very much like the L'Oreal True Match foundation and in a month or so I will probably be picking up my 'normal' colour match to wear day to day. It's around a third of the price of GA (yep) so it is very affordable.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention, it photographs beautifully just as the GA one does, so if you're going to an event where your photo is going to be taken a lot then I highly recommend this foundation as it will make your skin look flawless. (Proof is here and here).

-Kiran xo



No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall