Thursday 3 March 2016

Review // Morphe 18 Piece Vegan Brush Set


After hearing nearly every (sponsored) YouTuber talk about, rave about and use Morphe brushes I decided I wanted to give them a go. I'm trying to buy products which are animal friendly so I decided to purchase the 18 piece vegan set. It includes an array of brushes which you'd hope to expect as there are 18 brushes.


In terms of price, I paid £39.75 on BeautyBay and they arrived nicely packaged as all Beauty Bay orders do. They come in a brush wrap which isn't the best quality, but it's nice that it's included as it'd make travelling with the brushes a whole lot easier, although I don't know why someone would need 18 make up brushes while travelling.


I'm not going to go into detail about every brush as you can see what's included in the set from the photos, and you can probably tell that some of the brushes do look quite similar. I find that I won't get much use out of certain brushes because of similar ones which are better suited to my needs in the set.

As there are 18 brushes I thought it'd be useful to share my favourites and my misses.

Favourites 


I'm a huge fan of the giant fan brush, it just works so well with highlighters (especially Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop!). The second brush is one of the powder brushes which I think is great for setting make up with using either a loose or pressed powder. Third in line is the angled brush which I use for bronzer, this leads me onto the fourth brush which is a small domed brush which I find great for contouring with.



When it comes to the eye brushes, these four are the winners for me. First the angled brush which is great for sweeping on eyeshadow or for cream shadows. I adore this second tapered blending brush, which is perfect for crease definition (it's replaced my MAC 217!). Next up is this small smudger brush which is great for adding extra definition to the crease and smudging shadow on the bottom lash line. And finally this basic flat eyeshadow brush which just packs on colour so well with minimal fallout.

Misses 

I forgot to photograph the misses (heh) but refer to the main photo, the tiny detail brushes...I find no use for them.

The brushes are of great quality considering the price; let's say it's around £2.20 for one brush - it's a pretty good deal, considering a lot of brushes on the market are quite pricey e.g. Mac, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford... The synthetic hairs are incredibly soft for those worried about scratchy brushes.

I think this set is best suited for those starting with make up, a make up artist or like me, just someone who wants to add a few new decent brushes to their collection even though you may not get use out of every singe brush. But on the whole, I do think this is a decent brush set which ticks a good few boxes: vegan, good quality, wash well, soft and affordable.

-Kiran xo

1 comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall