Sunday 8 May 2016

Freedom!


Oh hello, all. It's been a little while since I've last come on here but I swear I have a good reason. I've been finishing my degree! So let's chat.

Yes, I have officially finished my degree. My graduation is in July so I have a little while to flop around until then! I absolutely cannot believe that I am done, the past three years have just flown by. It is crazy to think that three years ago I thought I had no chance at getting into my university, and yet here I am a soon to be a graduate.

The past few months I have been working on my dissertation and it was such a glorious feeling when it was done. For the most part it was fun writing it, then I went through moments where I wanted to chuck it out the window...it was a rollercoaster. I will say I have been under a lot of stress these past few months, and at times I just wanted everything to stop. But with the help of my loved ones (and Bun, duh) I did it!

I completed my one and only exam last Friday, it was stressful, but could have gone worse. But I did it, despite telling myself for weeks that I wasn't capable of doing it. Self-doubt is a bitch. It is not healthy, and I am going to try my damn hardest to not put myself through that again.

It's been a bumpy ride, but for the most part it was great. I have enjoyed my university experience so, so much and I am so grateful for being able to be part of such an incredible university. I've made some incredible friends, met the love of my life, and as corny as it sounds, I have found myself. The only way from here is up. Letsa go.... Okay, for the next few weeks I'm just going to chill, but I'll start properly adulting soon...

Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall