Saturday 27 October 2012

To Infinity and Beyond

So today I thought I would talk about my tattoo. If you didn't already know, I love the infinity symbol and what it means. If you're probably wondering, my blog title 'in that moment we were infinite' is a quote from possibly my favourite novel of all time - The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. If you haven't read this book, go read it! And then watch the movie (which I have already watched twice and cried like a baby both times). Why do I love infinity so much? I don't know, maybe because I like the idea of forever and the fact that anything is possible. I am a big dreamer and high hoper so I need something like infinity to keep me going. I also really like this theory. For my first tattoo, I wanted it to mean something special to me. I contemplated for a long time as to what I wanted and then it hit me - infinity. So one day after college I walked into my nearest tattoo parlour and this happened:



It's about an inch or so long and it's on my right wrist. 

The pain rating was about 2/10 because it wasn't directly on a bone and it's quite small and it didn't take too long (about 15-20 minutes). I love it and it's a part of me now forever ;) how fitting, I know. I've already decided what I want for my second tattoo and I can't wait to get that done! I didn't tell a lot of people I was going to get it done because I know people are opposed to tattoos and think they're just future regrets, so they would say anything to put me off. If you're planning on getting a tattoo, only speak to a few people and get their opinions  but remember, it's your body and it is your tattoo. Don't let anyone put you off from doing whatever you want to do. It's your life and if something is going to make you happy - go for it.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall