Sunday 18 November 2012

Shoebox 2012



Christmas is coming up which means everyone is starting to spend, spend and spend! Shopping centres will start ballooning with the amount of people racing in and out of the shops and pushing and shoving will be even more unavoidable in Oxford Street. That's all fine and worth it right? You're buying gifts for someone, you're going to make someone smile on Christmas morning. Personally, I love giving gifts to people, I love knowing I can make them happy with just a little effort.

But what about the children that don't get anything on Christmas morning, or even on their birthday etc? Children who live in shelters have no one to visit them and definitely no one to give them a gift. A shoebox full of wonderful little gifts are sure to make a child happy and feel loved and know that someone out there cares and are thinking of them. All you have to do is fill a shoebox full of anything you know a child will love and send it off! It's as simple as that.

Details can be found here or here, either way, you're going to make someone happy.

I remember I did a shoebox years ago when I was still in primary school, I filled it to the brim with new, fun (and glittery) things I knew someone my own age would absolutely love. It's always nice to know you've made someone's day, but remember you're doing it for them, not for you. There are loads of ideas and advice on what to put in the box, but the biggest tip I can give is to do it from the heart.

Thank you for reading! Let's make this a wonderful Christmas for everyone, I've got to start getting things ready for my box, oh and my lovely friends and family ;)

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall