Monday 17 December 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation




I don't usually wear foundation because *touch wood* I generally have okay skin. If I ever feel I need a bit of a boost to my skin I just put on a bit of Benefit's That Gal Primer which gives your skin a bit of colour and makes it looking a bit more healthier. I just started experimenting a bit with foundations, and I just turned to my Mica Bella mineral powder which gives a nice light coverage or my Dior Nude Skin but I prefer not to wear that on a daily basis. So I decided to try out Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation after hearing a lot of good stuff about it.

I am actually impressed with this foundation. I wear the shade Classic Beige which is a good shade for me for this time of year. It has little subtle specks of shimmer in the formula, and the formula itself isn't too thick or too thin. It provides the perfect amount of coverage for my skin as I don't have a lot of blemishes or spots. It's not too dewy and not too matte, I personally think it's just right. I put this on while I was still recovering from a cold and had only got four hours sleep - let me tell you something, the whole 'Wake Me Up' thing - I can vouch for it. I looked bright eyed and bushy tailed (even though I was a zombie on the inside).

I did however need to use a bit of concealer on any little spots that were in the process of disappearing from my skin (yay) but that's not an issue for me. I didn't feel the need to use a setting powder and the foundation literally stayed on my skin for over 10 hours (and survived a nap on the sofa).

I quite like the packaging, the glass bottle is really nice and looks quite high end if I must say so myself. The pump is so useful as you can control how much you need for your skin. The orange cap? Urm...I can deal. It's what's on the inside that counts.

Overall, my skin looked more radiant, awake and I really like this product. I'll definitely venture out and try some other foundations but for now Rimmel gets a thumbs up for me.

Hope you're all doing well. Just a few more days until Christmas!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall