Friday 24 May 2013

Review: C.O Bigelow Rose Salve


I picked the C.O Bigelow Salve while I was in Bath and Body Works in Miami impulsively, I really didn't expect it to be amazing or anything, I just threw it into my (really heavy) basket. However, this oh so glamorous product is now one of my must haves.



I've mentioned this product on my blog a few times before but I've never really gone into too much detail about it; essentially it's a multi-task salve which can be used on the lips, cuticles, elbows, knees and any other dry patches. I use this on my cuticles at night (when I can remember to) and since using this I have noticed my cuticles have been in much better condition, I hardly ever get any hangnails now and my cuticles are not as dry any more, yay. I also use this on my lips when I just want something light but moisturising, and it does the job well.


But what really made me love this product was when I had a really random dry patch on my ring finger on my right hand. I don't know what happened, but the skin around my nail was just really dry and flaky and just gross. I moisturised and moisturised but nothing helped, that was until I decided to try this. I put it on one night and when I woke up the skin looked 10x better. I then continued to put it on for another two nights and by the third day my finger was back to normal and the dry patch had gone. Magic.

I also put a little on my elbows, not that I have insanely dry elbows, but the packaging said 'elbows' so I thought why not? And yes, my elbows were incredibly soft the next day. What is in this magical salve? I do not know but now I just know it's going to be something I will rely on forever, forever I say!

C.O Bigelow is not readily available in the UK, well I haven't seen it around anywhere and it's hard to find it online, but I did spot the rose salve in Liberty on Regent Street for around £7. I do think this is worth checking out, it's not a glamorous product but it's something that will always be handy. It also smells very lovely, like roses can you believe?!

Hope you are having a good day!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall