Sunday 26 May 2013

15 Favourite Movies



I love movies. I love going to the cinema (I have a membership, awh yeah), I have a subscription to Empire magazine, I watch movies at home more than regular TV programmes and Sky Movies is my favourite TV package ever, God bless you, Sky.

As you may know I want to act, preferably in film. I just think movies are just incredible. They are my form of escapism; I don't just watch them because of the sake of enjoyment and to cure boredom, I watch them to completely lose myself in them, as corny as that sounds it's true. I love the hard work and dedication that has been put into movies, it's truly inspiring. My mum loves movies too and going to the cinema, so she is my cinema buddy and has been since I've been a little girl. My mum worked a lot when I was little, and still does now, but she always made time to take me to the cinema, my fondest memories from my childhood are ones when I went to the cinema. I remember watching Scooby Doo in the cinema and then going home and re-enacting the scenes with my best friend, how cool were we? Very. Very cool.

Anyway I have decided to put together a list of 1015 of my favourite movies ever, it was hard but these are the movies that I could watch over and over again and never get bored.

1. Avengers Assemble. Are you even surprised with this one? This is just packed with superheroes, action, a very hot bad guy and the best one-liners. Joss Whedon is a genius amongst geniuses.

(gif maker unknown)

2. Thor - The God of Thunder. HA. I've seen this movie more times than any normal person should. I once watched this once a day for eight days. No regrets. I also still tear up at Loki's big scene with Odin. No shame.

(becausehiddles)


3. Tangled. Aww, I just love this movie so much. The characters are perfect, the jokes are hilarious, and Flynn is hot. There, I said it.

(gif maker unknown)

4. Mean Girls. Err, did you really expect this list not to have this movie on here? I'm not even going to elaborate on this one.

5. Back To The Future Trilogy. Am I cheating on this one? I don't care, we'll just count all three as one. I love the 80s and I love Steven Spielberg, mix 'em together and you get perfection.

6. The Devil Wears Prada. This is just brilliant, Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep are just so wonderful. 'Did she die or something?'

7. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. The novel is one of my favourites and I really did think the movie did it justice. The cast was just brilliant, Ezra Miller is actually amazing. I cry every time I watch this, it was so well done.

(gif maker unknown)

8. The Breakfast Club. John Hughes, I love you.

(ampala)

9. The Dark Knight Trilogy. I'm not cheating, shut up. These films were just in-cred-ible.

10. The Wizard of Oz (1939). I love classics and this is the classiest of the classics.

(gif maker unknown)

11. Psycho (1960). Speaking of classics. This is still one of the best movies ever, in my opinion. Much better than the re-make.

12. Pirates of The Caribbean. All of them. Johnny Depp. Need I say more?

(hangthecode)

13. Labyrinth. I remember watching this on Nickelodeon when I was younger and I was mortified and mesmerised at the same time.

14. It's Kind Of A Funny Story. 'Do you like music?' 'Do you like breathing?'

(gif maker unkmown)

15. Pulp Fiction. I feel I would be beaten up by men in t-shirts and shorts if I didn't include this.

(16. Every Disney movie ever.)

Obviously there are 1000s of other movies that I love but we'd be here all day if I was to continue my list. Don't gasp and faint if I haven't included a certain movie classic or cult in my top 15, this isn't even my top 15 it's just 15 of my favourites. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this! Now go watch a movie.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall