Monday 25 February 2013

Photo Diary - Stirling, Scotland

Over the weekend Chloe and I went on a very long bus journey to see our dear friend Emma. The journey was ridiculously long, I don't recommend sitting on a coach for almost 11 hours (with no breaks may I add!) but Stirling was very much worth it.






Don't be put off by the look of this pint, it's just it was the last of the keg so we got smoothie-cider, still good though! Their pints aren't actually like this usually, ha.






We took a trip to Emma's university's student union the first night and when the clock hit 12 we started Chloe's birthday celebration, we then met two of Emma's interesting friends who kept us up till around 5am, thanks guys, not like we just had a 11 hour journey ;)

The next day we visited Loch Katrine which is absolutely beautiful, we then took a quick trip to the village of Callandar and bought some fudge and Scottish shortbread biscuits, yum. We then got some yummy fish and chips and ate them with a raspberry cider at the Allanwater Brewery where they brew the most weird beers, marmalade beer, yup, mango beer, you got it, whiskey beer, of course! I'm not a huge beer lover so I stuck with a raspberry cider and mulled cider which was so good.
The next day we spent resting because we were all just so tired, ha, so we spent the whole day in Emma's room with about 100 other people and then it was time for Chloe and I to head off back to London and endure another long journey with stinky, snoring men and guys who like to listen to their top 40 music very loudly. Charming.

But we had a lovely weekend, I do recommend visiting Scotland, we only visited a fraction but from what I saw, I know I'd love to go back and explore some more. But this time I'm catching a plane!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall