Tuesday 19 March 2013

Lip Products Worth The Hype






Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
How could I not include these babies? I love these and everyone knows it. I have five colours, Crush, Honey, Cherish, Rendevous and Sweetheart. They basically do what it says on the tin, it stains the lips for an effortless pop of colour and the balm provides a little moisture. I can't think of one bad thing to say about these, they're cheap, they're decently pigmented, especially the darker shades and the colour lasts a decent amount of time.


Korres Lip Butter
I think these are some of the best lip butters out there. They really do feel buttery on the lips, they're so moisturising and they slightly tint the lips which I love. They also smell really nice, I have Jasmine and Wild Rose and the scents are not overwhelming or artificial smelling at all. They are just really nice lip butters and I recommend these for people who are looking for something to moisturise dry lips and provide a slight pop of colour.


YSL Rogue Volupte Lipstick in Peach Passion
Ahh, so pretty, let's just admire this beauty for a few moments...okay, done. This colour is one of the most popular shades from the Rogue Volupte collection and when I first got it I was really scared that it wouldn't suit my skin tone (mainly because of the price but also because I really wanted to love it) but I was not disappointed at all. This lipstick is so creamy and it just glides on the lips like a dream, the colour sets on the lips so beautifully and the colour is just perfect. This lipstick is just so luxurious and I can't even begin on the packaging, just flawless.


Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar
A new edition to the lip stash but I love it already. It's different to anything else I own; you apply it like a lipgloss (but don't apply too much otherwise you'll have this product everywhere). When the right amount is applied it looks great. Rimmel offers a nice colour range, but Stellar was the one that called out to me the most. The colour is so gorgeous, it's definitely an 'in-your-face kind of colour' but ahh, so pretty. This feels so nice on the lips, different , but nice, it's not thick by any means, but you can feel that something is on your lips however it's not an uncomfortable feeling. I really like this product and I'm so glad it lived up to my expectations, I kept putting off buying this until one day I just walked into Boots and yanked it from the display. I'm glad I did.


Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rose Shimmer
The perfect lip gloss for lip gloss haters. That's what drew me to this, I don't like lip gloss at all but I like the look of a nice lip gloss on the lips, especially on low maintenance days. This product makes the lips feel soft and smooth and it provides a slight tint of colour. Sometimes I'd put on a bit of lipstick or a stain before I apply this if I want a bit of colour, but this is great on its own too. It's not sticky, it feels really comfortable on the lips and it actually smells really nice. The colour range isn't huge, but there are new shades coming out which provide a bit more colour, I can't wait to try those out.

It's always nice to love a product that is hyped up so much in the beauty world and not be disappointed. I have an upcoming post which is based on non-lip products that are worth the hype, I bet you can guess what a few of those are already, heh.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall