Thursday 2 May 2013

April Favourites




Well hello, May! Now, there are some pros and cons of it being May; pros including we finally get some Spring weather and it's closer to the end of college, cons; well I can think of one con in particular and that is exam dates are lurking and are just right around the corner. So please excuse my absence in the next few weeks, I will be preparing for my exams, crying and eating Ben and Jerry's. Okay, onto the favourites.

First is the Lush Cupcake face mask, I have been loving this thing this month! It's really made a difference to my skin. It is designed for young, oily skin, both of which I have (I have an oily T-Zone). This helps to absorb any excess oils and helps balance the skin, and that it does. I use this about twice a week and after I use it I can instantly tell a difference, my skin feels cleaner, clearer and more bright. Full review here.

I got the Jergen's Cocoa Butter Body Moisturiser as I wanted to try a new moisturiser which wasn't too thick but still moisturised the skin really well. I picked this one up as it smelt the best (it really does smell just lovely, not too overpowering but sweet enough). This has a light consistency but it really does moisturise the skin so well and you don't need too much at all. My skin doesn't feel sticky after using it and I really have enjoyed using it this month. And because I liked it so much I went to Boots and picked up two other Jergen's body lotions. The great thing about this, is it is very affordable especially compared to the body lotions/butters I usually use. It's definitely a great buy.


Next is the Kiko mascara that I have been trying out, this one if the Luxurious Lashes Extra Volume Brush Mascara. This mascara is actually brilliant, it lengthens my tiny lashes so quickly it's unbelievable, just a quick few strokes of the (fat) brush and my lashes have doubled their length. Not only does this lengthen my lashes easily it is also great for volumising lashes, I find it doesn't clump at all and it really holds the curl in the lashes all day. It is very long lasting and there is no fall out. It is a fantastic mascara and I am so glad I have found this little gem.

I have worn the Rimmel Apocalips Nova a lot this past month, it's just such an easy lip product. You know about these products, they're like a hybrid between a lipstick and lipgloss and they're just great. They don't feel sticky, they last forever and the colour range is beautiful. I got Nova to wear to day-to-day basis and I really think it's the perfect colour. It's a bright pink, almost Barbie-like but not too Barbie like, you won't need to have Ken by your side while wearing this... I mean unless you want to then go right ahead. (Click here to see it on.)

And an honourable mention to my Ray Ban Wayfarers as I have been wearing them so much this past month as the sun has decided to finally come out of hiding. I've had these for a few years and I just adore them, they are my babies and we live a very happy life together.

Have a good May!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall