Saturday 11 May 2013

Review: Garnier Moisture Match Goodbye Dry Cream


Garnier have recently come out with a line of daily moisturisers that are tailored to specific skin needs. I don't have very dry skin at all but when it comes to moisturisers, I always go for the most moisturising and hydrating thus the Garnier Moisture Match Ultra - Hydrating Rich Cream was thrown into my Boots basket.
I very rarely change my daily moisturiser, since I was a toddler to the age of 17 I used Astral and that's it, yup, Astral, and I'll tell you something, I never had issues with my skin. Then I think there was a change in formula which left my skin feeling a little greasy so I was on the look out for a new day cream which didn't break the bank, so I tried out a few different ones but I hadn't found 'the one' so I thought maybe this cream here would be my holy grail.

From the first use, I knew this was not the cream for me. I felt like it stung my skin a little bit, and I don't have overly-sensitive skin, my cheekbones are the most sensitive and this cream just did not agree with that area at all. I also felt like my forehead was not being moisturised enough with this cream as it always felt a little bit tight after use which is not ideal, especially for a 'ultra-hydrating rich cream'.

I didn't care for the actual consistency of the product either; it almost felt like a mix between a cream and a gel. I also detest the packaging, you have to squeeze really hard to get the product out which resulted in the top part of my bottle splitting which meant cream was coming out of both ends when I tried to use it.

The scent was okay, I didn't mind that, I think that's the only thing I didn't find to be aggravating.

I have stopped using this and have bought a big tub of Nivea Creme, as that agrees with my skin very well and is super cheap. Why fix something that isn't broken, ey? I have young, good skin so I don't think I will be trying out any other creams for a while as I just don't feel like I have to. And I will be most definitely staying away from Garnier creams in the future.

It's a shame really, I really wanted to like this product. Guess you can't win them all.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall