Thursday 5 September 2013

Review: Calvin Klein Downtown EDP


I received Calvin's Klein new perfume, Downtown for Rakhi this year. I had never heard of it before and wasn't even aware of its launch this summer, so I was pretty excited to try it out because I love Calvin Klein perfumes.



The first thing I noticed about this perfume is that it's a sophisticated floral scent. Although its said to be targeted towards a younger market, I actually think it's quite a mature scent - at least it is on my skin.

I do like it as it does smell feminine and florally yet a bit spicy and woody. It's a good perfume for the transition from Summer to Autumn.

Notes:

Top: Italian cedrat, bergamot, Tunisian neroli, green pear, watery plum
Mid: Pink peppercorn, violet leaf, gardenia petals
Dry: Texan cedarwood, incense, vetiver, velvet musks [x]

I think the bottle is quite cute and girly, it's simple and I can see that the designers were going with a minimalist and sleek chic look.

Overall I do think it is a nice perfume, but it isn't a ground breaking scent and I was expecting a bit more from Calvin Klein. It's something I would wear to dinner as I prefer something lighter and sweeter during the day. 

Hope you're having a lovely day!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall