Tuesday 3 September 2013

A Mainly Necessary Haul


I always do a lot of shopping in August as it's my birthday month and it's the month before back to school so I always feel it necessary to stock up and get prepared. As I'm off to uni in a couple of weeks (my goodness) I am just getting all the things I need now so I don't have to worry about it when I get there as I simply won't be able to spend my money on beauty products. Most of these products are things I've actually been needing so there is complete justification for them.



Hair

Okay, so maybe this wasn't a necessary purchase but it was so cheap I couldn't resist; I picked up the Osmo Intensive Deep Repair Mask from feelunique just to give it a go. It's basically a hair mask which you leave in your hair for 3-5 mins or 7-10 mins depending on how damaged your hair is. It smells really lovely, a bit like shea butter and has a lovely thick consistency. I've used it once and I am actually very impressed, a full review will be coming up soon.

I desperately needed another bottle of Moroccan Oil so I headed over to lookfanastic and picked up a 125ml bottle. This is just the best hair oil I've ever used, it makes my hair softer, smoother and makes my curls much more defined and bouncier.


Skincare

I needed a new day moisturiser so I got Origins GinZing after hearing a lot of good things about it. I ordered this from the Origins website and I got 2 free sachets of Mega-Bright and the Ginzing Eye Cream and as I bought a moisturiser I got a 5ml sample of Plantscription Anti-Ageing Cream and Eye Cream which was just amazing. Yay for Origins!

As my skin has been playing up so badly, I decided to get the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo as I've heard so many bloggers rave on about it. I've been using it for a few days now and I can already see a difference but I will report back in a few weeks time.


Makeup

I needed a new liquid foundation so I went to Selfridges to check out what brands had to offer and I took a sample of the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation home and I really loved it so I bought a bottle on feelunique. Just a side note, don't be afraid to ask for foundation samples from counters, if you're investing into an expensive foundation you want to make sure it's the best one for you!


An unnecessary purchase but I got it for a little cheaper so it's okay! ... I got another Maybelline Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate which is the most gorgeous colour, I can't quite describe it so I'll let the swatch do the talking. This will be perfect for Autumn - which it is officially Autumn now so yay!


Okay, so there we go! I know I've been hauling like crazy lately but I promise I'm almost done ... (will I ever be done?)

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall