Thursday 20 February 2014

Review: Diptyque Olene


I welcomed Diptyque Olene into my perfume collection a few weeks ago. I took a risk by buying it online and not knowing what it smelt like, I read some reviews and everyone basically just said if you love jasmine scents this is perfect. So, does it smell like jasmine...?



...Yes, yes it does. Very strongly actually, and I love it. I'll say one thing though, this definitely isn't for everyone, this is very heavy and musky so if you like sweet, light perfumes then stay clear of Olene.

Diptyque beautifully describes this perfume in relation to the streets of Venice; 'thick cluster of wisteria; there, tender honeysuckle, further on, sensual jasmine and elegant and mysterious narcissus' and now that I've read that I can completely see what they're on about. 

Olene is definitely sensual and elegant, it's a mature and sexy. It sits on the skin beautifully and lasts for quite some time. 

I love perfumes with jasmine notes, my favourite perfume is Red Jeans by Versus Versace, I compared the two and there are similarities, but Olene is by far much more muskier and heavier, whereas Red Jeans is more sweet and day time appropriate. 

I am very glad I bought this perfume, Diptyque offer some amazing, unique scents and I will definitely love to have a little sniff next time I'm near a Diptyque counter. 

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall