Monday 24 February 2014

Review: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge


I've never used a sponge to apply my make up before and was never really intrigued by the Beauty Blender, but when I saw Real Techniques had their own sponge out and for only £4.99, I thought I'd give it a try.



The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge has a flat side and the tip is very pointed which makes it easy to blend in concealer under the eyes and around the nose. I like to blend in my foundation using the flat side as it's so quick and easy.


I have tried this both dry and damp, but you definitely get a better result when you dampen the sponge. The sponge expands in size and bounces off the skin much easier, and blends foundation flawlessly.


I love using this with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation as it is a lightweight liquid foundation; it blends in so well with this sponge. I have also tried this with my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, but that's a little thicker in consistency and took longer to blend and I didn't like the finish as much as when I use a brush. I don't find that this sponge soaks up my foundation, and I actually use less product as it is so easy to evenly apply whatever product I am using.

I definitely recommend this sponge, it's so inexpensive but it is worth noting it will stain so it will look a bit grubby and as I wash it every time I use it, it already has a couple of rips in it so it's something I'd have to replace every so often. But as it's only under £5, I can let that slide.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall