Wednesday 21 May 2014

Collective Haul and First Impressions


Oops I did it again... here a few purchases I've made online in the past week or so. I've already used a few of the things so I've also done a first impression of those products.


ELF


I wanted to try out the new ELF Moisturizing lipsticks and I was stalking their website until they had a 50% off everything sale, and I hit the jackpot when I got there on time for their 50% off flash sale, woo! So I picked up some Matte Lip Colors in Coral for my madre who loves these things, some moisturizing lipsticks and a Lip Stain in Pink Petal.


I got the shades Coral Cutie, Pink Minx, Party In The Buff and Rosy-Go-Round. I wore Coral Cutie a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed wearing it, it's a beautiful colour, it wasn't drying but I wouldn't say it was moisturising either. It did tend to bleed around the lips and it built up in the corners of the mouth which isn't cute, but it was easy to get rid of that and reapply - speaking of reapplying, I reapplied about 3 times during the day which isn't too bad.

(L-R) Coral Cutie - Pink Minx - Party In The Buff - Rosy-Go-Round


I also picked up a Studio Blush in Candid Coral, a Baked Blush in Pinktastic and the Daily Brush Cleaner.


Candid Coral is quite shimmery and was quite sheer so I think it'd look nice on top of a blush as a highlight, and I decided on Pinktastic as I thought this would make a nice highlighter.


I also got the Eye Crease Brush and Eyeshadow Brush, I think ELF brushes are pretty decent considering the price. I've used the Eyeshadow Brush and it's decent at picking up shadow but the hairs do tend to fall out which is a shame.

Look Fantastic


I finally got the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, I put off buying this because it's pretty pricey and I've had no luck with eye primers at all, yes, even Urban Decay Primer Potion. But this stuff is MAGIC. Eyeshadow literally does not smudge, crease or budge with this stuff, bless you, Nars.
I also picked up the Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream, another MAGICAL product, my cuticles have been dry lately and nothing was really working, but after two days of using this, my cuticles look so much better.
Finally I got the EX1 foundation in 300, EX1 is a brand which tailors their products for yellow/olive/Asian skin tones. Unfortunately this is a tad too dark for me at the moment, but I'm hoping it will work once we get a bit more sunshine.

Superdrug


Vivacious - Tallulah

Superdrug was having a 3 for 2 offer so of course I got sucked in, I picked up the Collection Deluxe Lipstick in Talullah after seeing it on makeupsavvy, I repurchased the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim Liner which I've raved on about enough and I finally purchased a Revlon Lacquer Balm in Vivacious, as you may know I am obsessed with the Revlon balm stains and matte balms so I thought I'd finally give the Lacquer balm a try.
I then randomly added the Brilliant 1 Week Tooth Whitening Kit in my basket too as this was on offer, I'll update you guys on this to see if it does actually work.

The Body Shop


As always I made my order when there was 40% off everything discount and free delivery over £5 (always keep an eye out for this deal as it pops up every so often!). I was in the mood for some strawberry stuff so I got the Body Polish which is a very gentle and mild exfoliating scrub which lathers up quite nicely, and I got a lip butter which doesn't really do anything great for the lips to be honest, it just smells so good. 
I needed a new eye cream so I went for the Vitamin E Eye Cream which I'm really liking, it's thick and very moisturising, but it's not too thick that you can't use it in the mornings before make up.


I also wanted a new face mask so I decided on the Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Face Mask, I've used this once and I could see that my skin looked clearer and brighter straight away. This has little particles in it which I quite like as when you are applying and removing this mask you are also gently exfoliating your skin.

I hope you enjoyed this post, I know it's a lot to read but although I love hauls, I love hauls with mini reviews so I know if the product is worth buying.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall