Tuesday 3 June 2014

May Favourites


Hey everyone, so it's time to do my May favourites. May was a very busy month for me, I had final exams, performances, I lived below the line, I went to the theatre, I saw Katy Perry, I had prep classes for next year at uni... the list goes and on and on but it's finally June which means I can relax a little bit!




My ultimate beauty favourite from the month of May is definitely the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, this is literally the only primer that works for me. I have oily eyelids and eyeshadows do not like to stick around for more than an hour or so, but with this, eyeshadows last all day, they don't crease, smudge, budge, nada. I've said it before and I'll say it again, God bless Nars.

Next is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Soft Beige, this is a really lovely concealer for under the eyes as it's light and brightening. It's not full coverage but what I've been doing is dotting my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes, and then dotting some of this and blending it together and it works so well for me. The Nars conceals my dark circles but doesn't brighten so that's where this little gem comes in.

I've really been enjoying The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream, it's a light and creamy and make up sits really well on top of it. It's a very simple eye cream but it is very good at keeping my under eyes moisturised.


My second best beauty favourite of the month is Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, what a wonderful, magical product this is! My cuticles had been really dry and gross for a couple of months and nothing was working, I finally purchased this and within three days my cuticles looked perfect once again. I don't know why this works but it just does, I highly recommend everyone has a little pot of this around, it's wonderful. And it smells SO good.

My go to blush in May was NYX Mocha, this is just a beautiful matte pink and it looks so natural on the skin. I'm really impressed with the formula of NYX blushes, they're not powdery, they blend really well and last for a decent amount of time.


Two new (long overdue) brushes have been added to the collection, first Bobbi Brown Face Blender, I've been using this for blush and it is perfect. I don't know how to explain how good a brush is but this is just ... yes. It just blends my blush in perfectly. The quality of the brush is wonderful too, I haven't washed it yet but I'm sure it will be just fine.

Next is MAC 217, I know, I know, I've finally joined the cool club. You all know the drill with this one, the must have eye brush and yes, I am impressed with it so far. I can't wait for it to get a bit more fluffy!


A little fashion favourite for May was this H&M necklace, I just love the way it looks with everything, it's very simple yet I think it adds a little something to an outfit (plus it's so cheap).

Life
I went to see my love and forever woman crush, Katy Perry on her Prismatic World Tour and once again she was flawless, flawless I say.

I also visited The Playhouse Theatre and watched 1984 and it was absolutely genius, I highly recommend this, I was amazed by the way this was done, the script, acting, set design, every detail was just fantastic. Of course I'd recommend you read the novel first, but this is a must see.

Living below the line. 

Book
Insurgent

Movie
A Million Ways To Die In The West - 3/5

Music
Lock Me Up EP - The Cab
West Coast - Lana Del Rey

Thank you for reading! I hope you had a good month!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall