Friday 8 August 2014

July Favourites


July was such an awesome month, and I was quite busy throughout so I didn't try out many new products, I hardly wore make up to be honest. I wasn't going to do a July favourites but there were a few products I did want to mention so let's get into my late July faves!



First and foremost let's address this beauty right here, I finally got the Lorac Pro Palette (a friend brought it back from the states) and this might just be my most favourite palette, sorry Urban Decay. The shadows in this palette are just flawless, they're so creamy, pigmented and a dream to blend. The top row consists of mattes and the bottom shimmery shades. I took this palette on holiday with me and it was just perfect, it's also very thin (still has a mirror) so it's perfect for travelling. It also came with a primer which actually works on me!! Gasp, I know. If you can get your hands on this palette, do it!

I ventured into the waterproof mascara world with Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof and I'm never looking back! This does everything the original does, lengthens, volumises and is very black, but this just doesn't budge. I have a slight problem with mascara smudging under my eye and on the edge, but not with this baby. I'm definitely a convert now.


I tried the Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub Gelee in July and I love it! As you can see it looks like jam and it also smells delicious, I'd seriously eat if it I didn't know it was a scrub. But as this is in a 'gelee' base, it is very easy to work with (okay, some does end up splattered on the wall...) and it washes off very easily. It's not a harsh scrub but it's not super gentle either, it's a great in between.

Let's talk about feet (I'll be quick, ugh) after my beach holiday, my feet were a bit dry so as soon as I got home I reached for Soap and Glory Heel Genius and it worked its magic straight away. Feetsies are restored!

TV
The US Office - I finished the entire series on 13th July and I was heart broken and may have shed a tear.
30 Rock - I started 30 Rock straight after I finished and the hole in my heart was filled up. Two words: Tina Fey.

Movie
West Side Story - I went to see West Side Story with a live orchestra at Royal Albert Hall and it was wonderful!

Life
Yoga, awh yeah!
Sopot - see photo diary here.

Hope you all had a great July!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall