Wednesday 31 December 2014

14 Things In 2014



1. I started the Q&A Five Year Journal which has been quite fun. It will be so interesting to see how my answers change over five years.


2. I treated myself to the Michael Kors Sloan because why not?


3. Finally saw Bastille live! They were ah-mazing.


4. And finally saw Justin Timberlake...


5. Started going on more walks. I've always loved walking but now I love it even more now that I have somewhere pretty to walk.


6. First Kitsune club night, pretty damn fun.


7. Saw my love Katy Perry again. Le sigh.


8. Started working out. Still not great but at least I get off my ass.


9. Went to Sopot with one of my best friends. Photo diary here.


10. Went Back to the Future with Secret Cinema!


11. Was Maid of Honour at a very special wedding for a very special person.


12. Moved into my first home away from home.


13. Had my world shaken up (in a good way) when I realised I wasn't forever alone...


14. Had the best term at uni.

Time to get a little corny, but it's the end of the year so it is expected and allowed. I have learnt a heck of a lot this year but the one thing I have learnt which is the most important to me is you really just have to make your own happiness. Take what life gives you and turn it into something amazing. If life gives you lemons make a lemon body scrub.  Sure we have our moments and all we want to do is hide in bed and cry all night, I've definitely had some of those nights this year, I'm not saying I'm happy-go-lucky but I am happy. But it's okay to feel like crap, have your moment, but go to sleep, get up in the next morning and start afresh (or have an alien come hug you whichever is easier). I have said yes to so many more things this year, I've let people go and I've let people in (which is scary as hell but sometimes it turns out to be the best thing that could ever happen to you) and 2014 has turned out to be the best year ever. Bring it, 2015.

I hope you all had an incredible 2014 but I hope you have a better and happier 2015.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall