Saturday 2 July 2016

June Favourites


It's been a while since I've done a monthly favourite's post, so I thought it was time I did one. Admittedly I don't have a lot as you can see, but they are all worthy of a mention.




NYX High Definition Powder in Banana - I've had this powder for a good few months, but I only really fell in love with it in the past couple of months. I use this to set the concealer on my under eye area, and sometimes I do a light dusting all over my face. I can get away with doing so because it's not that yellow, it just has enough to do the job a banana powder is supposed to do which is to brighten. It has a beautiful consistency, it's soft and smooth and it is undetectable on the skin, love. I generally dust some over my cheeks and it kind of does a magic trick on my pores, minimising the appearance, yaaas.

Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector - Oh, how I love this product. This is a peachy pink corrector with a lovely creamy consistency which blends into the skin oh so wonderfully. It almost has light reflecting particles in it which helps not only correct the under eye area but also brighten it, look at me with my bright under eyes. At first I applied this with a synthetic brush, but I honestly think it is best applied with fingers as the warmth from the fingers help blend it in a bit easier and seamlessly.


Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Eau De Parfum - I've had this perfume for years and I am determined to finish it even though it's pricey and I kind of don't want to okay. But alas, this has been the perfume I have reached for a lot this past month. It just has the most appropriate summer time scent, it's sweet and sexy at the same time. Love. The notes are, Cranberry, Green Tea, White Peony, Sambac Jasmine, Blond Woods, White Musks.

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - An old favourite, but it is just the best at fixing those cuticles. My cuticles were looking a bit ... rough, and literally after applying this just once, I woke up with fleeky cuticles. Okay, wow someone stop me. But also trust me, this is a must have product. And it smells divine.

Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm in Honey - I picked this tacky looking lip balm in Sephora while I was in Venice because I remember Makeup By Tiffany D saying she liked it, and I trust her opinion. This has a lovely smoothing effect, which makes it perfect to use under liquid lipsticks. It has a subtle, inoffensive scent, it leaves lips feeling soft. Although it's kind of tacky looking it's also kind of cute in its own special, shiny way. But this lives on my vanity, and I use it every time I do my make up as lip prep.

For non beauty, well let's see. One, finding out I got a first for my dissertation. I worked my butt off writing that, and I am so glad my hard work paid off. Two, going to Venice with my love! Here's a little post if you want to know more about that trip. Three, finding out I am graduating with a 2:1, heck yeah! For the most part, June has been a good month.

I hope you all had a good month, and I hope you all have an even better July! I'll be graduating this month, eeeee. And then I'm jetting off to Portugal to lay in the sun and read books.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall