Friday 22 July 2016

Beach Essentials


Hello all, I am currently in sunny Portugal! This holiday is all about chilling, eating, tanning and more chilling - hehehe.

I went to the beach yesterday and thought it was the perfect opportunity to capture my actual essentials.






1. SPF! I forgot to photograph this as I had just reapplied and put it aside - oops. I really like the Garnier Dry Mist as it is just so easy to apply. You spray and you're protected! I use SPF50 even though I don't have fair skin but I like the extra protection.

2. Face SPF. I like to use a specific SPF for my face as it is formulated specifically for the skin on your face and in theory should not break you out. I'm currently using Caudalie Vinoperfect SPF 15 Day Perfecting Fluid. This has a slight tint to the product, which helps even out the skin creating that 'perfected look'.

3. Lip SPF. Can you tell I like SPF on holiday? My lips tend to get really dry and cracked when I'm in the sun for too long, so I made it a point to get a lip balm with a good SPF. I am really loving the Nivea Lip Care Sun SPF 30. Like with all Nivea lip products, it moisturises the lips really well and it has a gorgeous SPF-y scent.

4. Hair Protection. The Colab Dry Active Dry Shampoo is a new product in my stash and I've been enjoying it! I don't wash my hair everyday, so dry shampoo is a must for me on holiday. This one in particular has UV Protection (yas), it's conditioning (yay), and it protects from pollution (ohhh). The Colab dry shampoos don't leave a white cast in your hair or a sticky residue, they really do a great job at refreshing the hair.

5. Face mist. As a Brit, I'm not exposed to the sun a great deal, so when I am, I get very hot and very bothered quite quickly. But I feel a quick mist of something refreshing on the face cools me down and relaxes me a little. I absolutely love the Caudalie Beauty Elixir for this, the calming scent is perfect and they've finally changed the nozzle so you get a much finer mist!

6. Sunglasses. Obviously you need a beautiful pair of sunnies (that actually offer UV protection - try to avoid super cheap ones which don't actually protect your eyes!) The ones I have brought with me to sunny Portugal are the Dolce & Gabanna 4226 in black.

7. Swimwear which I feel comfortable and beautiful in. It was only until last year I decided to venture out into the world of bikinis. Scary for two reasons: I've never been comfortable with my tummy and I have boobs! But I have found that halter neck and high waist are my best friends.

Hope you're all having a lovely Summer so far!

-Kiran xo

2 comments

  1. I always load on the SPF when I'm at the beach. Those swimsuits look nice!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm extra cautious about it haha, thank you for reading! xx

      Delete

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall