Tuesday 4 December 2012

November Favourites



I haven't got a lot of favourites this month as I've just been sticking to what I know and love. Plus, Christmas is coming up so I have to spend my money on presents and not on myself...just wait until the new year ;). But these products have been my favourites this month, I've been reaching for these more than anything else.


First up is Moroccan Oil (review here), I love this product. It's just made my hair look and feel so soft and shiny. My curls are bouncy and it just looks really nourished and lovely.


Next up is the Buffing Brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection. I love the Real Techniques brushes, they're so soft as they're made from synthetic hairs. I use this brush to buff in my foundation and the one I've been reaching for a lot lately is my Mica Bella mineral foundation, but I've also been trying out Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation. This brush is really easy to use and blends my foundation in so well.


Now, I've tried a few skin care products in the past couple of months, but none of them seemed to help my spots and blemishes, and the toners I tried out just dried out my skin and a couple even left a burning sensation tingling on the tops of my cheeks which was not pleasant. So when I went into Boots, I was after a face wash which I knew was good to my skin and that is Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit cream wash. I've used this before but after I had finished it I tried out a Garnier face scrub which did nothing for me. But when I went into Boots they had a 2 for £5 offer going on across the Neutrogena Visibly clear range so I bought the pink grapefruit scrub as well. I absolutely love these products. I use the scrub in the morning and the cream wash at night. My skin is looking brighter, my spots are almost all gone and my blemishes are gone. I love the scent of the pink grapefruit, it's not too overpowering. I can go and on but for low budget skin care, this range is the one I definitely recommend. (Note, I have sensitive skin and these cause no irritation at all.)


Finally my favourites, lip care! I have been reaching for my Basins lip scrub every other night as my lips have been drier than usual. After I give my lips a good scrub, I use Nuxe's Reve de Miel - I absolutely love this lip balm so much. The texture is different to anything I have ever seen before, it almost glides on like ... velvet? It's so smooth and I wake up with the softest lips. The scent is lovely too, I feel like it smells like a lemon cake with honey. Yum. My Korres lip butter is something that I have been reaching for during the day when my lips need a bit of moisturising. The lip butter stays on my lips for ages and leaves them feeling so soft and moisturised.

So that's it for my November favourites, I can't believe it's December! Eek! This year has gone pretty fast, but don't they all? Thanks for reading! Have a lovely December!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall