Saturday 26 January 2013

Hand and Nail Care


I love doing my nails so in order to ensure they always look their best, I have a certain nail care routine.

Once or twice a month I will buff my nails using this Superdrug Nail Buffer - buffing your nails strengthens them and brings up the natural oils to the surface of the nail, leaving a clean nail ready for polish. I file my nails twice or sometimes three times a week as my nails grow pretty quickly so they need filing down so I have a nice shape and I don't have crazy long nails. Filing also helps with prevention of the breaking and splitting of the nails. The nail filer I am using at the moment is one from Ciate. If my cuticles are looking a bit rough, I use Sally Hansen Problem Cuticle Remover to get rid of any pesky hang nails and dry skin.

For a base coat I use OPI's Nail Envy which is amazing. It helps strengthens nails and helps them grow. I have naturally strong nails and I have a long nail bed, but using Nail Envy helps my nails keep their strength. After I apply my polish and my nails have dried I use Ever Since Mineral Cuticle Oil which moisturises the cuticles. I recently got L'Occitane Shea Butter and I use this on my cuticles whenever I feel like they need a little more TLC, and I am loving this.

To moisturise my hands during the day I use my beloved Soap and Glory Hand Food which I also use on my cuticles. At night I use Garnier Nourishing Hand Cream - I like this cream, it's not too heavy but I feel it doesn't moisturise my hands as well as Hand Food but it's fine for night time.

And finally (we're nearly there) I use Cutex Moisture Guard Nail Polish Remover to get rid of my nail polish - it has acetone in it which isn't the best thing for your nails but it removes polish so much more quicker.

So there we go, my complete hand and nail care routine.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall