Friday 1 February 2013

January Favourites





Not many make up favourites this month, just a couple as it's been a busy month with exams and all. The first favourite is MAC's Sunny Seoul, I've mentioned this before, but I just really love this lipstick, it is such a pretty pink colour. I've been wearing this lipstick pretty much everyday, it basically lives in my make up bag, it just goes with most, if not all, make up looks and it's easy to wear.
The Maybelline Colour Tattoo is a product that is raved on about so much and I finally jumped on the bandwagon, and I am so glad I did! This colour, On And On Bronze, is such an easy, everyday wearable colour. It's creamy and easy to blend, and it looks lovely on its own which is great for a lazy, eye make up noob such as myself. This lasts quite a while on eyelids considering eye shadow doesn't usually last long on me.


I've changed up my hair care routine a little bit, finally! I got a new leave in cream by Macadamia as my hair was feeling and looking just a bit dry from all the horrible weather we've been having. This cream firstly smells so good, the consistency of the cream is thick but not so thick that it weighs down your hair and makes it look greasy. When I use it it makes my hair look and feel softer, more nourished and my curls are more bouncier.
I finally got a Tangle Teezer after learning you're not actually supposed to brush your hair when it's wet, whoops. Although it now takes a bit longer to get rid of all my knots and tangles, this weird looking thing has made a difference. I don't actually get a lot of tangles, but I really wanted to try this, ha. But, in all honesty, using this has made a difference to my hair as I am causing less damage to it.
New shampoo, yay! My mum brought home Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Conditioner and although I'm not a huge fan of the conditioner, I do actually like the shampoo. It really does a good job of cleaning my hair and giving it volume. The smell is something I'm still not quite used to but it's okay once I've put in my Herbal Essences conditioner.


For skincare, Body Shop takes the prize. I have been getting horrible spots on around my chin and a few have appeared on my cheeks too, and I didn't have the time to go to Westfield to buy a spot treatment so I snooped in my bathroom cabinet and found the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner in the back. I didn't actually get along with this product when I was using it as a toner as I found it stung my face and left it feeling really dry, but I put some on a cotton pad and just used it on the spotty areas (haha, gross) and I found after a couple of days my spots were almost gone. The spots have left marks unfortunately but I am continuing to use this to see if it will help clear up the marks.
My beloved Soap and Glory Righteous Body Butter ran out literally two days after I posted this so I turned back to my Bath and Body Works Body Butters as I have a few from there, but I love Body Shop Body Butters so much more so I got the Peach Vineyard one as it was half price and it smells divine. As with all Body Shop Butters, this moisturises the skin so well and leaves you smelling edible, because that's what everyone wants.


I've had this perfume for over a year now, but I have been reaching for it a lot this month. It's fresh yet musky at the same time, and it's one of the Thierry Mugler perfumes that I think is great for the day time as it's not too heavy.


A random favourite but ... Bakery Story. Oh my goodness this game has taken over my life. I love it. I can't stop thinking about it. I want to live in that bakery. That is all.

Okay so that's it for now. I hope you have a good weekend!

-Kiran xo


No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall