Friday 30 August 2013

August Favourites


Well, it's the end of August aka the best month of the year, ha. I had a lovely month, it was my 19th birthday, I spent time with my lovely friends and received my A Level results (which were pretty decent considering the situation I was in at the beginning of the year) and best of all I was accepted into my first choice university to study Drama. I'm a very happy girl right now, but all that aside I have a few products that I've been loving a lot this month so without further ado here are my August favourites.



First up I have two of the gifts I received from Marta, the Victoria Secret Pure Seduction Body Lotion - oh my glubb, this stuff is absolutely divine. It's light but moisturising, it absorbs into the skin almost instantly and leaves my skin feeling so smooth. But it is the scent that steals the show here, it smells just like what you'd think 'Pure Seduction' would smell like, it's very feminine and quite sexy. I feel so good after applying this.


Then I have the Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Hand Crème which is a lovely, luxurious hand cream. I only need a pea sized amount and it moisturises my hands so well and it sinks in very quickly so I'm not flapping around waiting for my hands to dry. However, again the scent steals the show with this one - it smells very milky but in the best way possible; it's warm and sweet and has a hint of vanilla. the scent is right up my street as I am a huge milk lover (true story). However it is a scent which you may easily get sick of as it is very sweet, but for now it's all good.


I have been adoring the Nars Orgasm blush, why did it take me so long to get it?! It's a gorgeous colour, a peachy-coral with golden shimmer running through it. It makes my skin look glowy and full of life. Orgasm has been formulated so it suits every skin tone, so I highly suggest this blush to anyone who is looking for a new blush.

I have also been loving the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer; it is the perfect concealer for my under eyes. It is creamy but does not crease at all and you only need the tiniest amount of this as it provides a very decent coverage. The shade I have - biscuit - is perfect at correcting and concealing my dark circles however the shade is not right for covering my blemishes as it's slightly peachy toned.

My nail polish pick this month is the Barry M Gelly in Bluegrape, it is just the most gorgeous, bright blue which reminds me a lot of Nails Inc Baker Street.

The Kiko Long Lasting Eyeshadow Stick in 06 has impressed me so much! It really does live up to its 8 hour claim. Once it's set, it does not budge. I wore this on my birthday as a base, and my eye make up did not budge at all and it was a long night. I also wore it on its own to Thorpe Park on a very hot day, and again it lasted very well. I highly recommend these!


A few months ago I stated I needed a new blush brush and I finally got round to getting one, I opted for the Real Techniques Blush Brush as you really can't go wrong with Real Techniques. This brush is so soft as it's made out of synthetic hairs, and as it's quite dense it picks up the right amount of product and blends it in very well onto the cheeks.

Book


The Fault In Our Stars - John Green 

Music
Katy Perry - Roar

I hope you had a lovely August and have a lovely September! If you're going back to school or starting college/uni then good luck!

-Kiran xo

2 comments

  1. Really want to try the nars creamy concealer for agess, following your lovely blog on bloglovin xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great concealer, better than I expected! And thank you so much, I'm following back - love your blog! :3 xo

      Delete

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall