Wednesday 9 October 2013

September Favourites


And welcome to the latest monthly favourites post ever. I do apologise. But I didn't want to skip September because there have been some products which I have in love with in September.

The first product is La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo; you've probably heard a lot of about this product, but if not it's essentially a moisturiser which helps with problem skin. As I've mentioned a thousand times in the past few months, my skin was seriously playing up and I was breaking out really badly and was left with horrible marks, but this miracle worker has cleared up my skin so damn well. I basically have no spots left and my scarring is at a minimal, I still use this but I use less than what I was originally using. As this is a little drying, I never used it by itself so I would use my morning/night moisturiser on top.

The next product that has seriously helped my skin is Origins Out Of Trouble Face Mask. This is a heavy cream mask but it smooths onto the skin very well (which means it washes off very easily too), it has a very strong , medicated scent to it which I personally like. It tingles a bit on the skin, which again I like as it indicates it's actually doing something. I leave this on for ten minutes at a time and use it only when my skin needs it, and in September I used it about twice a week. After using it, my skin looks noticeably clearer and it prevents spots which are about to pop up from making their grand appearance.

The next favourite is Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser, oh my gosh I love this stuff. It is a gel formula which I originally was skeptical about but it does a great job of moisturising. This has a citrusy orange scent which I just frigging love as I love orange scents and flavours, so it's a constant battle every morning not to eat this... I notice after using this in the mornings, my skin looks radiant and make up sits so well on top.

Speaking of make up sitting on top, I have been obsessed with YSL Le Teint Touch Eclat Foundation. I have worn this every single day this past month as it's so effortless, it blends in like a dream and looks so natural on the skin. It's very light and I literally don't feel like I have anything on my skin. It's a light-medium coverage and makes the skin look fresh and radiant. It lasts pretty well on my skin, around 5-6 hours if I set it with a powder or wear a primer.



The final favourite is Marc Jacobs Honey. First of all, look how frigging cute the bottle is! Ermagherd! But onto the actual perfume, I received this in August from my mum as a congratulations gift for getting into uni, so I decided to wear it on my first day of uni so it's basically my uni perfume. This smells so, so lovely. It's fresh, slightly citrusy, floral, light and sweet. 'Top notes are pear, mandarin orange and punch; middle notes are honeysuckle, orange blossom and peach; base notes are honey, vanilla and woodsy notes.' 

Music
Roar, Walking On Air, Dark Horse - Katy Perry
Forever Halloween (Album) - The Maine
Days Are Gone (Album) - Haim
En Pointe (Album) - Polaris At Noon

TV
Breaking Bad - I just started watching this so NO spoilers, ehehe.

And finally, university! I love it so, so much. I love where I live, I love my course and I couldn't have asked for better flatmates. I haven't been this happy in the longest time, all is good, all is well.

Thank you for reading this late and long post! I promise I will get back on my blogging game! So much has been happening lately and I'm still figuring out where to photograph in my room and I can't find my memory card for my camera so apologies for the quality of these photos.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall