Thursday 6 February 2014

January Favourites


Woo, time for January favourites! I have all but one new products to talk about today. I tend to get a whole new bunch of stuff at the beginning of the year (mainly cos I go crazy in the sales, as seen here).



For skincare I have two favourites. First is Alpha H Liquid Gold, which I did a review of yesterday so check that out here for more information. This is basically a miracle product, it leaves my skin feeling and looking so smooth and clear, it's brilliant. I've been using a couple of new face moisturisers over the past couple of months and I've really been liking La Roche-Posay Hydreane Rich Moisturising Cream. I use this in the mornings and I really like it. It moisturises the skin so well without leaving it feeling greasy at all, which is what I find my other moisuriser does (which is why I use it at night now). It doesn't feel heavy at all and it doesn't have a scent so it's great for people with sensitive skin. The price point is great too.


I've been reaching for Benefit Rockateur blush a lot recently, it's a beautiful rose gold pink which goes with pretty much every look. It's pretty much been my go-to as it's really fuss-free, but it adds a lovely glow to the skin.


I've actually been reaching for my Dior Sunshine Bronzer a lot this past month, I go through phases with this, when I first got it I was like 'woo!' and then I left it, and then I was obsessed and then I abandoned it again and now I'm going through the 'woo' phase. This is pretty much the perfect shade for me, it's matte which I like and it blends very easily. I just swipe this in the '3' motion and I instantly have some colour without looking overly done. Unfortunately I think this is now discontinued.


This is probably the most exciting product, the new Revlon Matte Balm in Elusive. When I first found out these were coming I just knew I had to get my hands on some. I have three shades (a haul will be coming up soon, so look out for that) but the one I've been wearing is Elusive which is a very pretty light pink. I thought it'd be like my one true love Honey from the Kissable Balm Stain collection, but this is more pink and less MLBB, but I still love it very much.



I had been wanting China Glaze Electrify for ages and let me tell you, the wait was so worth it for this one. I am obsessed with this glitter, it's full of gold and red glitter and it's just beautiful. I've literally worn it for most of the month and I get so many compliments on it (even from male bartenders...).



Next is The Wet Brush aka the best brush ever. This is just ... magic. I have very long, curly, thick hair and brushing my hair is always a task (even with the Tangle Teezer and Michael Mercier brush, although I do prefer TT over MM), but with this brush it is so much easier, I wouldn't say it glides through the hair with complete ease, but it doesn't tug at knots unlike other brushes. Hardly any falls out when I use this brush which is a bonus as my hair luuurrvess to fall out, (it's okay, I have enough hair).


Next is my Michael Kors Jet Set Tote... I've used it nearly every single day to uni and I just love it. It's perfect, it fits everything I need, it looks beautiful and classy and, sigh, so much love. I've also been enjoying wearing my ASOS coat, I usually go for warmth > style, but this time I thought I'd get a more 'stylish' coat, but it keeps me just as warm. I love the leather look sleeves and the contrast with the camel, it makes it look like I made an effort when really underneath I have a Panda jumper on.


Speaking of bags, I've also been obsessed with my Cambridge Company Satchel, I got 13" Burnt Orange (Burnt Orange was limited edition, this is the closest I could find) and I love it. I'm actually surprised at how much I can fit in this, I just love using this when I don't need to take my entire life on the go with me. I tend to use this more in the evenings, when I'm going out or less busy days.

Music
She Way Out, Settle Down, Chocolate - The 1975
The Draw - Bastille
Let It Go - Demi Lovato

Movies
The Wolf Of Wall Street - 5/5
Frozen - 3.5/5

TV
Gossip Girl - I finished it and I cry.

So there are my January favourites, I know it was a lot but I just had so many new things that I just had to share everything. I hope your January was good and you're having a happy February so far!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall