Saturday 22 March 2014

Review: Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser


Hello everyone, today I'm finally going to be reviewing the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. There are loads of mixed reviews on this product so I'm just going to go ahead and add mine to the mix.



Firstly, I need to say I love the packaging, it is so cute and I love the colour. I also love that it comes in a tube as some primers come in tubs. Now I'm not one of those people who detest tubs for hygienic reasons, I just generally think primers should come in tubes as it's more convenient because of the formula of the product(s).


Baby Skin has a light weight consistency which is great as I hate products which feel heavy on my skin, and as this is light make up sits quite nicely on top of it. It is also transparent and looks like gel, but as I said it doesn't feel heavy on the skin and doesn't make makeup slip and slide on top of it. Now, the whole selling point of this is obviously the claim to minimise the appearance of pores by blurring them, and for me I can say it does this but probably not as much as I would like it to. I can definitely tell a difference in the appearance of my pores when I wear this but I must say that Benefit Porefessional is slightly better in that department.

However, I also found this product to contribute to the wear time of my foundation, and the look of my foundation throughout the day. I usually wear this under Bourjois Healthy Mix, and I love the two together. by the end of the day, my foundation is still in place and still looks pretty decent.

I do recommend using a slight amount of this product and only in places where you generally need it, for me I apply more on my cheeks, nose, chin and then spread the rest around my face and I find this works best.

This is something worth checking out if you are looking for a cheap primer which does what is expected of it.

Apologies for not posting in over a week, uni has been very, very busy and will be until the end of term which is next week, thank goodness. Thank you for reading though, and I hope you have a lovely weekend!

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall