Thursday 14 August 2014

Products I've Used Up #8


I have had these empties forever so I'm finally glad this post is going up! As usual, I'm going to do a run down of all the products I have recently used up and let you know if I'd repurchase or not.



Nip + Fab Dark Circle Fix Eye Cream - This tube lasted me over a whole year and I thoroughly enjoyed using it. With eye creams it's hard to tell if they're doing anything or not but I feel that this did help with my dark circles and kept my eye area moisturised. It's a light eye cream so I tended to use it more in the mornings, and my concealer sat very well on top.
Recommend? Of course different products (especially skin care) work differently on different people, but I'd say give this a go.
Repurchase? Perhaps in the future!

La Roche Posay Hydreane Riche Cream - I used this throughout the winter months (yep it's been that long, people!) and I used every last drop of this stuff. It's just a good, simple cream. It's quite thick in consistency but not too thick where your skin feels suffocated, it just does a great job at moisturising the skin without any fuss.
Recommend? Yes, definitely for those with dry skin.
Repurchase? Yes, I'm looking to pick a tube up when it starts getting colder.

Alpha H Essential Hydration Cream - I liked this cream, it wasn't anything special and I reserved this for night time use after the La Roche Posay one ran out. I don't have much to say about this, it didn't do anything good or bad to my skin, it just does what it says on the tin.
Recommend? I'm indifferent to this product - ha.
Repurchase? Probably not.


Osmo Intensive Deep Repair Mask - I quite enjoyed this hair mask, it had a really lovely nutty scent and just did a great job at hydrating the hair. Every time I used it, my hair felt very soft and was easy to brush through. What I like even more about this is that it's very affordable.
Recommend? Yep.
Repurchase? Yep.

Moroccanoil Treatment - I love this oil. It hydrates the hair, reduces frizz, defines my curls, leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth and it smells incredible. However, I have since converted into an almond oil user so I'm taking a break from this lovely oil (although I am using the curl defining cream from Moroccanoil).
Recommend? Yep!
Repurchase? Perhaps in the future.


The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish - I enjoyed using this product, it's a very gentle scrub so if you have sensitive skin or just need a tiny bit of exfoliation, this would be great. And it smells delicious.
Recommend? Yep.
Repurchase? Yup.

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - I had this scrub for quite a long time and it was past its expiration date, it was almost empty but it was time to say goodbye to it. This is just a great scrub for the lips, it scrubs away any dead/flaky skin leaving beautiful, smooth, prepped lips.
Recommend? Yep.
Repurchase? I've already repurchased the Popcorn scrub!

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara - Possibly the best mascara I've used from the drugstore, it does everything I look for in a mascara; lengthens, volumises and is very black. It holds a curl very well and lasts all day.
Recommend? Definitely.
Repurchase? Already have, along with the waterproof version (which I think I might prefer).


L'Oreal Micellar Solution - I really loved this when I first purchased it but after a while it got tossed to the side and I forgot about it. I came back to it just so I could finish it and I don't know why I liked it so much. Firstly a lot comes out when you squirt some onto a cotton pad which just wastes product, it doesn't remove every trace of make up and it kind of leaves a weird film on my face which Bioderma does not.
Recommend? Yes if you are on a low budget and/or need something quick fast. But if you can get your hands on Bioderma then I'd go for that instead.
Repurchase? No.

Nivea Double Effects Eye Make Up Remover - Aka the best eye make up remover ever. This stuff just removes every single trace of make up with absolutely no hassle, you don't need to spend ages scrubbing at your eyes, it literally just dissolves all the make up so quickly (even waterproof eyeliner and mascara). It makes make up removal so much easier. It is so affordable and is usually on some sort of offer (currently it is £1.79 at Boots!)
Recommend? Definitely.
Repurchase? Forever.

So there we go, phew, another mammoth empties post. I actually have another empties post ready for you - yep it's been that long since I've been meaning to get this post up, whoops.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall